A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Consume less" humorous baglets and gloves  (Read 4165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pfefferminztea
« on: February 04, 2009 09:10:25 AM »

Hey everyone,
Ive never posted anything in this forum, but you guys are so inspiring that this will definitely change!

Heres my entry: Cozies for two of my favorite waste-reducers (since my resolution is to consume less), my Mooncup and my durable shaver, plus handknitted and embroidered biking gloves, so I dont have to buy new ones.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=216908&ppuser=164322

"Bloody Mary" - This one is for my beloved menstrual cup. I like the double-edged embroidery - makes you think both of the bleeding woman using the cup and of the cocktail insde it...  Wink

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=216906&ppuser=164322

"Lady S(h)aver" - Need I say anything about this?

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=216907&ppuser=164322

"TREE HUGGER" I did not originally plan to include this into my entry, since the gloves were my first knitting project after more than a year and turned out less then perfect... but still, I like them, and I hope you like them, too.

Both of the bags are lined with satin, the red one red and the blue one pink, if anyone wants to know. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009 09:20:03 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert photos for new member. Welcome to Craftster! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009 01:36:05 PM »

those are nice! did you use a pattern or did you just wing it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pfefferminztea
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009 07:45:35 AM »

No, I didnt use a pattern.
Ive never talked (or written =) about knitting in English, but Ill try to explain what I did: first, I knitted the bottom of the bag and completed the little rectangle, so I didnt have it on my needle any more. Then, I cast on new stitches all around the edges and then knitted the bag using the multiple needle technique you would also use for knitting socks or gloves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
castlesinthesky
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009 08:40:17 PM »

I know about mooncups, but whats a durable shaver exactly? I'm into consuming less too, always looking for a way to reuse...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PIXIEskin
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009 04:43:47 AM »

Haha  Grin I love the mooncup holder, I've been thinking about making something to hold mine in, something that isnt so obvious as its little 'mooncup' pouch.. I think you've just inspired me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She's too pure for the likes of this world, this world is a whore.

A smile to hide the fear away, Oh smear this man across the walls, like strawberries and cream, it's the only way to be.

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/VelvetVolcano

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/velvetvolcano.jewe
Pfefferminztea
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009 08:25:28 AM »

I know about mooncups, but whats a durable shaver exactly? I'm into consuming less too, always looking for a way to reuse...

Sorry for the confusing phrase... I meant a lady shaver or razor or whatever the right word might be (ARGH, I hate it when it shows that Im not a native speaker) that doesnt have to be tossed away after using, but can be used over and over again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
castlesinthesky
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009 07:37:20 PM »

Sorry for the confusing phrase... I meant a lady shaver or razor or whatever the right word might be (ARGH, I hate it when it shows that Im not a native speaker) that doesnt have to be tossed away after using, but can be used over and over again...

No problem, thanks for clearing that up. One of my close friends and co-workers is a native Spanish speaker, and I always have to be sure I hear her correctly... translation can be frustrating from time to time, but we get a lot of laughs out of it too! Nice work on the cosies, by the way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pfefferminztea
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009 10:23:47 AM »

Thanks, glad that you like it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amurzxim
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009 12:20:20 PM »

I've seen some pretty cute moon cup pouches that are like ice cream cones or neat little pyramids, but yours is super cute and I love that it says bloody mary Wink great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold the Head of an Origami Paper Crane
How to Fold an Origami Bird Base
How to Make a Simple Paper Booklet
How to Fold an Origami Paper Booklet
How to Make a Simple Paper Airplane with a Tail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...