A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE L WORD SWAP! lezzies (and lezzie lovers!) unite!  (Read 435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2009 09:32:21 AM »

I am absolutely in love with/obsessed with the tv show The L word and I know I cant be the only one out there!

I am proposing an L word themed swap! Craft 2(or more) items with an L word theme maybe one small and one large. Either a general L word theme or with your partners favorite character. I know there have to be more of us out there!
Lezzies unite! (or lezzie lovers! lol)

Shane,bette, tina, alice, tasha, carmen, jenny, papi, helena, kit, max, jodie, anyone of the characters that have come and gone or stayed!

ANyone!? I may even be crazy enough to host!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel when I'm old I'll look at you and know the world was beautiful"

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
HELP ME CLEAR OUT MY STOCK!!! EVERYTHING MAJORLY DISCOUNTED!!!
www.redsundesigns.etsy.com
sunspotted
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009 09:03:56 PM »

You know, I remember seeing you proposing this swap and I didn't reply even though I watch (and like) the show.  Mainly because it's too specific a swap for me.  I like general themes and have trouble thinking up something to do with TV shows or songs or actors or whatever.   Grin 

However, I was reminded of it today while reading a self-righteous post (thankfully these are few and far between on Craftster, but they are all over the rest of the internet), that I always "hear" those types of posts in Jenny (excuse me Jennifer) Schecter's voice.  Mia Kirshner must be an absolutely brilliant actress to make me hate her THAT MUCH!  I don't generally get invested in TV characters. 

Anyway, that's all.  Just felt like posting this.  Have a lovely evening.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009 09:30:08 PM »

You know, I remember seeing you proposing this swap and I didn't reply even though I watch (and like) the show.  Mainly because it's too specific a swap for me.  I like general themes and have trouble thinking up something to do with TV shows or songs or actors or whatever.   Grin 

However, I was reminded of it today while reading a self-righteous post (thankfully these are few and far between on Craftster, but they are all over the rest of the internet), that I always "hear" those types of posts in Jenny (excuse me Jennifer) Schecter's voice.  Mia Kirshner must be an absolutely brilliant actress to make me hate her THAT MUCH!  I don't generally get invested in TV characters. 

Anyway, that's all.  Just felt like posting this.  Have a lovely evening.   Grin

aww you got me all excited that someone was interested! but yes mia kirshner is a fantastic actress because everyone loves to hate her! have u been watching this CRAAAZY season!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
princesspimp81
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009 08:54:06 PM »

Hi Smiley  Just wanted to pop in.  I don't really like to do this specific of swap either, but I had to find out what you thought of the final season!  Seriously lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009 09:20:42 PM »

ahh everytime someone responds on here i get my hopes up!

BUT

I am sooo pissed at the ending of the finale! I cant believe they didnt even tell us who did it! I thought jenny was going to kill herself but it didnt turn out that way... although.. they really made it seem like bette did it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
princesspimp81
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009 10:31:14 PM »

i totally agree!  it does seem like bette did it, though i still find it more likely that jenny was acting stupid and jumped or fell off the balcony.  but to end it on a cliffhanger....  i HATE that!  you get attached to characters, you want to know that they're ok at the end of a show....  but shane (who is totally my fave) ended up alone and crushed, helena and dylan broke up (ok, they didn't really give me enough time to care about that one, but still lol) and even though it's implyed that tasha and alice stay together, we don't really find out for sure.....  and what was up with the entire max getting pregnant story line? 

idk they played the whole season as who killed jenny, and we still don't know....  i choose to believe, since i dislike jenny tons, that shane and nikki conspired to kill her and that's why nikki was hiding in the bushes lol  cuz that was totally random and unexplained lol

also, i'm not really into girls or anything, but how hot was kit in the final ep?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who watches over you

My Wist
sunspotted
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009 10:49:30 PM »

My thoughts on the finale are simple.  What the fuck? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
princesspimp81
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009 11:34:31 PM »

My thoughts on the finale are simple.  What the fuck? 

Totally agree.  I was severely disappointed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who watches over you

My Wist
photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009 07:13:56 AM »

hahaha yeah it was quite the season. I thought max was gonna end up givin bette and tina the baby, and jenny was gonna kill herself but i do like that they somehow brought all the characters into the end, carmen, tim, marina etc. I was hoping carmen would come back for real tho lol. you know since I downloaded the episode I didnt get to see the special hr before the show that recapped the whole series. does anyone have that taped or something i could get from someone? im dying to see it!
but i really think they played it well that bette did it ya know. cause they put emphasis on the open staircase so much during the episode you know that would play a factor. but see if bette did it wouldnt you think someone would have heard it? heard her fall in the pool etc? come on. and i dont think nikki did that was just random and a way to bring her into the mix because they wanted to emphasize that all the girls really looked out for each other and were really close and nikki was always an outsider. and with shane, she never went back to break up with jenny or tell her about the letter and the negatives (which i was soooo happy they found and revealed finally! I knew she took them!)

I was never a huge fan of kit..sometimes i found her rather annoyin but she was just a character that was just...there for me..nothing big.

im just mad they didnt tell us who did it! im really pissed about that! and im really pissed its cancelled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Creating a Sky
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.7
After Effects Tutorial - Making a Space Explosion
How to Resculpt with Filter Manipulations
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Blowing Up a Planet P.2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...