A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Guitar Hero 3 MUSE Knights In Cydonia crocheted scarf  (Read 45118 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meekssandygirl
« on: February 02, 2009 08:04:36 PM »

OK I cannot take credit for this idea, it is something that my husband requested. We purchased Guitar Hero 3 a couple of months ago and I gotta tell you, we have had SO MUCH FUN with it! Anyways, I made the scarf, basically a length of double crochets in black, you gotta do 6 rows, then embroidering a bunch of lines with 2 shades of grey, then doing many, MANY tiny circles in the colors needed. I found several websites that have song charts, and that is what I used to do the real song. My husband is a huge Muse fan, so I picked this particular song for him. Here it is: Oh, and the pictures are terrible, I'll take better pictures in the morning where I have better light, I have been working on this scarf for the past several weeks, and just finished it tonight and couldn't wait to show it to you all tonight!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009 10:38:51 AM by meekssandygirl - Reason: The sun finally came out and I got some better pictures! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chefboyardee
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009 08:14:08 PM »

HOLY CRAP! this is the greatest idea ever, not to mention beautifully executed! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edie22
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009 08:14:30 PM »

That is entirely awesome.  I love it even more that you made it an actual song!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
teffy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009 08:15:28 PM »

OMG that...is pretty much made of awesomeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JuJu!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009 08:19:09 PM »

Amazing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meekssandygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009 08:20:51 PM »

Man it is freakin' cool isn't it?? Like I said, my husband, whom I met in art school back in 1992, can come up with the best ideas! He challenges me always and of course I gotta give it a try to prove to him I can do it right??? LOL!

Our 13 year old son wanted me to do Metallica, but there were just too many notes and it would have taken soooooo long, y'know???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nezumi_chan
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009 08:45:27 PM »

Awesome!!! It looks so good.  He must've been super stoked.

It doesn't get very cold on guam so I can't very well make my boyfriend a scarf, but maybe I can surprise him with a new guitar strap!  Thanks for sharing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meekssandygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009 08:55:57 PM »

Another funny thing about this scarf is that whenever I would get it out to work on it, our 2 year old daughter would keep saying "Choo Choo!!!" and touching it because she was convinced that it was a train track! LOL! She just LOVES trains! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eemmjj

all things must pass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009 09:15:16 PM »

Never have I hit "this rocks!" on a more appropriate project, because, in the words of Guitar Hero, YOU ROCK! I am tempted to show my husband, but I'm even more tempted to try and make something similar for him. Maybe someday if I ever have enough patience to crochet all the "circles of rock".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meekssandygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009 09:21:47 PM »

And that was really the worst part, the monotony of crocheting all those little circes, but the end result is so cool man, it is so worth it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the New Layer Palette in Photoshop CS4
Peachpit TV: Using the New Vibrance Adjustment Layer in CS4
Peachpit TV: Aligning Images in Photoshop CS4
Install the GIMP
Iron Man Speed Painting 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...