A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - March 09 Discussion!  (Read 7148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 02, 2009 02:18:18 PM »

Discussion thread. Smiley Let's try to keep all chatter here and off the main page. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009 11:14:27 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009 06:55:59 AM »

Yay! I'm in!  Grin and the swap thread itself is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290380.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009 06:59:36 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Muria
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009 07:00:03 AM »

So how does it start?  Smiley  I need to get pictures of my outgoing stuff first, but I'm really interested in doing this swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
gavagai
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009 07:14:28 AM »

I think eliea will post the first list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009 09:15:26 AM »

I wasn't planning to participate but It looks like I may have to. I'm just not sure I have anything people would want as last round My lists kept stalling the swap rather than unclogging it. lol
I'll round up some stuff tonight when I get home.

So how does it start?  Smiley  I need to get pictures of my outgoing stuff first, but I'm really interested in doing this swap. 
Basically I will post a list of items for people to pick from. The person who wants something(and is signed up) can then Claim from my list. They may make one claim (Which can be a combo of pick 2 items or one pick one item) then post their list of things for people to pick from.
the next player has to claim from the LAST list posted. You can't claim from a list further back in the swap till that person claims and posts their list again so you have to jump on a list when you see something you want. Smiley
The only requirements besides the standard swap requirements are that your list must contain at least 5 items, and that if your list stalls for more than 48 hours you have to add to your list till someone claims from it. Smiley
It's really fun, fairly low key and no need to add extras or get swap anxiety as the person claiming gets exactly what they want and you get to give a new home to a craft or supply you don't want anymore.
if you have a question I didn't answer feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009 10:03:07 AM »

I wasn't planning to participate but It looks like I may have to. I'm just not sure I have anything people would want as last round My lists kept stalling the swap rather than unclogging it. lol
I'll round up some stuff tonight when I get home.

I didn't mean that you have to start, I just assumed you were going to. I think I'm just very happy that this swap started again, so I keep posting about it in every thread I can think of. Will take it a bit easy now.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wx2dzug
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009 10:30:58 AM »

I think I might join this one, but just so I am straight...
Can you claim more than once?  Like someone posts and then you claim from them, then someone claims from you, and a few more down the line you claim again?  Or is it just one single claim?  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009 10:41:06 AM »

Can you claim more than once?  Like someone posts and then you claim from them, then someone claims from you, and a few more down the line you claim again?  Or is it just one single claim?  Thanks

Yes, you can claim as many times as you want. As a non-FOC you can only have a maximum of 2 outstanding claims at a time though, so if you have claimed twice you can not claim again until one of your packages (sent from you) has been received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wx2dzug
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009 10:43:00 AM »

OK thanks!  I'm off to sign up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009 12:11:42 PM »

Yep you can claim more than once but not use all your claims at one time. Does that makes sense?

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three (become a Friend of Craftster!)
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How to Add Texture to Your Hair
Get a Modern Take on Veronica Lake Waves
Behind The Scenes of The Project Runway Transformations
How to Cut and Style Bangs
Favorite Celebrity Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...