A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,971
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 8 point round ripple-along  (Read 1718 times)
Tags for this thread: star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2009 10:06:18 PM »

Okay I made a couple of the star ripples, and I made one 12 point rr. The newest rr for me is the 8 point round ripple. If anyone is interested here is the link I use to make mine:
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977270508
now there is an error on rnds 19 and 20. It says to dc in the next 11 dc's but for rnd 19 it should read "dc in the next 13 dc's" and for rnd 20 it should read "dc in the next 14 dc's". Other then that it is fine. I do more then the 20 rounds b/c the 20 rounds is for a preemie. I just keep going and going. Here ar pics of the 8 pointers I made so far:
this one is about 38 inches from point to point with a I hook

this one is for my b/f's great neice Alyssa 40 inches across J hook

this one was for a friend of mines' little girl named Mariah it's 40 inches across I hook

this one is for my other good friend's son Rodney it is about 38 inches with a J hook

this one is my god son's blanket it is 61 inches with a J hook he is showing how huge it is

this one is my youngest god daughter blanket it is 61 inches with a J hook she is showing how huge it is

and finally the latest one I made belongs to my 8 yr old god daughter this one is the biggest one I made at 81 inches with a J hook. She is laying on it to show how huge it is and she is tall for her age

Well that's what I made so far. I am now working on another one for a friend of mine I work with. She's getting a Pink, White, and Purple for her daughter from me. I hope these pics get you guys interested in making one of these and just like the Star Blanket and 12 point, this 8 point becomes addictive, just look at how many I made so far, and I'm on my 8th one now.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013 05:44:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
skaborsk

always procraftinating..............

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009 10:25:26 PM »

you have a lot of godchildren and a lot of blankets, and they are both lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy shop. i love it when people buy my crap!  
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cappywanna
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...