A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake hat, my take. NOW WITH PATTERN! On pg 2  (Read 58498 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shezcrafty
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009 01:45:48 PM »

pretty, pretty!  I'd bite the cheeks of the cutie-patootie that wears this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
achevres
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009 08:48:16 AM »

Sooo cute!  Great job. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebbie
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009 09:16:16 AM »

ohh so cute hat!,,It is perfekt to wear when it is your birhtday^^ I want one to! Cheesy think I should make me one myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Stop look for the meaning of life and start insted to look for the meaning in life"
jamc100
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009 04:26:31 PM »

Thank you very much, everybody! I am definitely going to have to take a pic of her in this hat, it will make the hat so much cuter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherries1921
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009 05:01:05 PM »

do u remember how many chains u did?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its log...log...its fun for a girl or a boy!

my blog:http://mistressoftheknits.blogspot.com/
jamc100
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009 09:32:08 PM »

Honestly, no. Which part do you need help with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherries1921
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009 07:58:20 AM »

i always wanted to make one but was never able to visualize it enough to do it without a pattern. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmadewhimzy
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009 08:39:32 AM »

Very cute!  Especially for the tween crowd!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamc100
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009 09:05:33 AM »

(Please, please, do not profit from my pattern.) Well, i'll try my best to write a pattern for you. I've never wrote a pattern before, nor did I write down the pattern as I worked it, so forgive me if it's hard to follow.

What I did was measure my nieces head around. Then I made a chain as tall as i wanted the bottom to be. Then single crochet back loop only (blo) until it was long enough around, stopping just short of an exact measurement as blo tends to be somewhat stretchy. Sc the two ends together.

Next make the top: chain 4 join into ring, hdc 10 inside ring. Don't join rounds, just mark first stitch of each round, as this is done in a spiral. Do 2 hdc blo in each stitch around second round. Equaling 20 sts **(It was pointed out to me on ravelry "For the pattern, its not really BLO hdc. .Its more like, the loop behind the back loop. Thats what make the swirly design on the top" I hope that this is understood. I didn't realize my instructions didn't reflect properly the design (thanks craftypants!))**  3rd round is hdc blo 1st st, 2 hdc blo next 1 around. The rest of the formula works like this:

4th round 1 hdc blo in next 2 st, 2 hdc blo in next 1.
5th round 1 hdc blo in next 3 st, 2 hdc blo in next 1.
6th round 1 hdc blo in next 4 st, 2 hdc blo in next 1.
and so on, adding one more stitch to the single hdcs you do, and ending with 2 in next one st. The total number of sts in one repeat always equals the round you are on, as in round 6, there are 1 hdc in next 4 stitches, and 2 in next one 1+1+1+1+2=6.

Follow formula until the top is slightly bigger around and slightly longer than it needs to be. Do not fasten off yet.

The next part is somewhat tricky. Connecting the two pieces. As the top and bottom are made seperately, and customized, they will not be the same number of stitches, so we need to do some simple math. As an example, say my bottom is 40 rows long, and my top is 66 stitches around, take the larger number and divide it by the smaller number, in this case 66/40=1.65. So roughly every 11/2-2 stitches we need to sc2tog. How you do this does not need to be exact, just as long as it's mostly even all the way around.

To make the shell border, in the same sts that you just joined the two pieces together, *sc in st dc in same st, then dc in next st and sc in same st. Continue from * around until finished.

To make a pom-pom for the top, i used the instructions on this page: http://skamama.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-make-pom-pom-method-ii.html

Use the same string you use to finish up your pom-pom to sew it to the top of your hat.

How you attatch, and what you use for sprinkles is up to you.

I hope you can manage to follow the pattern okay. It really is much easier to make than it sounds.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012 11:21:24 AM by jamc100 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherries1921
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009 11:14:19 AM »

thankx so much for ur help! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Plait Hair
How to Flat Iron Black Hair
How to French Braid
How to Style Hair with Wax
How to Use a Hair Diffuser
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...