A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the pullip/blythe thread (also bjd)  (Read 19721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009 08:21:23 AM »

ouch..... i couldn't find any wigs.... at all, i guess i'll search some more.
here's another question to those that have a spare head lying around.. place some eyes in it and add a wig. does it look complete? or does it need "make up"??
thanx
luvelycritter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009 10:48:13 AM »

i still like pullips but after reading about their fragile bodies (i want to play with my doll) i hung around the BJD (obitsu and dollfie) and am head over heels in love with them (more then pullips) so i searched eBay for months trying to find the cheap part of a obitsu(or dollfie) (or BJD) finally i found something good but the wigs cost so much! they cost about how much a whole new body would cost! i might have been able to find something if i wanted a 60cm doll but i didn't and i wanted a long haired with bangs wig...... i calculated the total and it cost a few dollars more than it would to go on the American Volks site and buy a good head and body (connected already) beautiful eyes and the wig i wanted so, I'm going with that instead
here's a piccy
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2037_111674106
the reason i wanted long hair with bangs was to make that hair do i fell in love with that doll first and tried to make a copy but buying the exact parts to make that doll cost less then going on eBay and making a copy
here's the body
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2039_9357429
do you think that's the same body (I'm talking about booby size and head color and the shape of the head)
here are the eyes
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2037_31254608
or maybe these eyes
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2037_31261008
here's a pic of a doll someone made with that body and head
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2039_9300082
oh, and one last question do you think that hair color is gold or natural gold, the pic is exactly the same for both so i don't know
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009 10:30:57 AM by kittykill - Reason: pictures hotlinked » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009 01:27:03 PM »

I have an EB Beauty doll - the arms keep popping off.  It's easy to fix, just irritating. I think Obitsu bodies are better. They have interchangable hands and come with different head attachment pieces.  I also think EB beauty feet are oddly small compared to her thighs.  Now, about Pullip - yes, their bodies may be fragile BUT you can put an obitsu body on them.  There are many tutorials on the internet on how to switch out your Pullip body with an Obitsu body.  The faces on all the dolls come plain, and it is difficult to paint them.  That is the main cost of a 100% finished obitsu or EB Beauty, is the face up.  Just look up Mama Chapp dolls, oh so cute, but oh so expensive!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/761122@N21/

I would take one of these over a pullip any day, but they are so hard to get ahold of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009 01:32:16 PM »

i guess i can use this *shut up computer* sorry, my computer made an annoying noise i guess this body will work too
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-70052297082953_2042_31645679
its a dollfie plus body thingy majig
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009 10:03:59 AM by kittykill - Reason: hotlinked » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009 01:35:25 PM »

actually the more i look at it, the dollfie plus looks nicer, the eye holes are bigger (i <3 big eyes) and the whole look seems more similar to the doll i want (Blondie)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009 01:43:42 PM »

oh and ghilie, i would have okay let me start it this way..... i can buy a cheaper "doll" if i wanted a doll with decal (stick on) eyes because the eye hole less heads sell for cheaper but i want real eye holes because part of the beauty of these dolls is how similar they are to real people, and I've seen pics of these "dolls" where the lighting is a bit dark and the doll has long sleeves, and its posed like a human while the joints are not visible and with the realistic eyes the doll looks oh so real and BEAUTIFUL and that's what i love but with decal eyes it looks anime and unrealistic  Sad Sad

sorry if that sounds rude i don't mean it to be but i have no other way to explain it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009 03:05:24 PM »

Oh, I am certainly not suggesting cheaper, LOL.  And you dont sound rude at all.  I was just saying my experience with the EB body and how I preferred the look of the Obitsu.  It is just difficult to paint on vinyl, and on such a tiny head.  I would get an obitsu nano Haruka head if I wanted to go that way again.  Have you checked out Junkyspot forums?  lots of tips on that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009 03:11:00 PM »

hmm.... well all i really want to paint is the lips........ and may be the thinnest layer of eyeliner..... oh i don't know!!!!!!!!!! i am so confused i am really trying to go for the cheapest dollfie ever!!!!!!!!!!! cuz if you look at "Blondie's" make up she has only some light pink lips and I'm trying to make a replica of her!
but maybe i want a Gothic girl
or a sad one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
Lady_Frog
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009 07:26:34 AM »

I have an EB Beauty doll - the arms keep popping off.  It's easy to fix, just irritating. I think Obitsu bodies are better. They have interchangable hands and come with different head attachment pieces.  I also think EB beauty feet are oddly small compared to her thighs.  Now, about Pullip - yes, their bodies may be fragile BUT you can put an obitsu body on them.  There are many tutorials on the internet on how to switch out your Pullip body with an Obitsu body.  The faces on all the dolls come plain, and it is difficult to paint them.  That is the main cost of a 100% finished obitsu or EB Beauty, is the face up.  Just look up Mama Chapp dolls, oh so cute, but oh so expensive!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/761122@N21/

I would take one of these over a pullip any day, but they are so hard to get ahold of.

SSSOOOO cute!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009 09:36:32 AM »

Now, about Pullip - yes, their bodies may be fragile BUT you can put an obitsu body on them.  There are many tutorials on the internet on how to switch out your Pullip body with an Obitsu body.

here's a problem 'bout that, say i for some miracle find a $40 Pullip, i then buy a $20 obitsu body so i can switch it yes? that costs $60 transferred into canadian money its $72 which is about how much parts like i showed cost all together so i get the doll i want, a good realistic model (i <3 photographing but i have nothing to take pics of) and best of all, no one else will have the same doll as me, it'll be a custom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Audio, Swapping Symbols and Testing a Movie
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Animations
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Keyframes, the Transform Tool and Tweening
Macromedia Flash 8 - Duplicating Library Items
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Elements to the Stage
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...