A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the pullip/blythe thread (also bjd)  (Read 21282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2010 03:57:42 PM »

i unminied a pullip with a 23 cm obitsu hard bust body in pale skin.  i think there is something in the soft bust body that reacts with the plastic of the head and melts it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010 05:03:24 PM »

Eeep I dont want that! Ok, so hard bust in pale/white. Oks, now all I have to do is decide on what mini I want and away I go  Cheesy
Ahh ebay, you are my friend  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2010 01:21:11 AM »

Well, via Mimiwoo on etsy I just brought obitsu bits. Im going to customise my on doll. That way not only will she be special 'cos shes my first, shell also be special cos I made her  Cheesy
Its only taken me a year lol. One day Id like to still get a Pullip, but first Ill practise with a "cheaper" doll  Cheesy
Im so excited  Grin my poor other half (and friends and family) have been given a running commentary as I picked out everything  Cheesy Im even looking at making my own wig from Possum fur! lol or maybe faux fur if I can find some  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

navyfield
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2010 03:47:28 AM »

thank you for shareing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2010 10:06:50 PM »

Mimiwoo said itd take 2weeks to get from HongKong to NZ but it arrived 4 days later! Most impressed. Ive managed to talk one of my friends into getting an obitsu too (it was so hard, I handed her my Obitsu- Farley- and said "thats my doll"  Cheesy ) so that should be fun.
No all I have to do is wait for my local store to get in a matt sealer (waiting 3 weeks now  Roll Eyes ) and then I can start painting. They are also hopefully getting me in the chalk pastels.
With the acrylic paints, should I go out and buy the acrylic model paints or acrylic poster paints? Has anyone got any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2010 01:54:40 AM »

Ok, I got my Obitsu (27cm) a while ago via ebay.
 Ive named her Farley (means from the ferns or something like that) as I wanted an elven type BJD, alot of people find her ears wierd (one of my besties is getting an obitsu but she almost didnt 'cos she thought the elven ears were standard  Cheesy )
so if you dont like them, thats cool, thats your opinion.

Now Ive NEVER painted a doll like this before. I had (and still have) no idea what Im doing but I read everything I could find on the internet, went to my local hobby store (aka Toyworld) and got the gloss and paint and matt (that I didnt use 'cos the idiots didnt get me a clear one... which is what I waited 3 weeks for!!  Angry ) and then went to another store to get chalk pastels (very wierd!) as Toyworld  Roll Eyes forgot to get them in  Roll Eyes

ok, so this bad cell phone pic (my camera has officially died  Roll Eyes ) shows (kind of) the eyebrows and the lips. I scraped a wee bit off the chalk pastel and added a tiddy bit of water to make a paste and then painted it on. Because my matt sealer wasnt clear (  Angry ) this has stained her, but thats ok, as its my first and I cant see me ever repainting (Ill buy another  Grin ) any mistakes I made I used a magic eraser that I got sent in a swap  Cheesy

I put tiny lines of the acrylic model paint over the chalk pastel eyebrows and added colour to the inside of they eyes, this was before I painstakingly added each lower eyelash with a pin (thats how I painted them on lol) Ive used dark brown on the eyes, originally I was going to use black but I found it a bit heavy and dark for what I wanted. Ive also got a wee bit of white in the corner of both eyes.

This shows the finished head, nails and boobs. The first thing every male (and my gay bestie  Roll Eyes ) noticed was her nipples so I figured Id blush them  Cheesy (I used a bit of chalk pastel) and I also french tipped the fingers and toes  Cheesy was heaps of fun  Wink

and this is how she looks sitting beside me now. Im really happy for my first attempt. Theres not much Id change except find smaller brushes and a CLEAR matt (  Roll Eyes )
Hoping to take her over the Alps tomorrow when I go to the city and maybe get pics in the snow (urgh, I do not like snow) so Id better get cracking on a new wig and clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcrafty_mommy
Proud mom of two girls

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2010 07:05:02 PM »

I soo wish I could get a BJD. But all the ones that I love are around 600-700 each 0_o I was going to start up a savings account but that didn't happen lol. I envy you girls these dolls look like so much fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
Hoping to do a personal swap for fabric/supplies
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2010 09:59:03 PM »

I soo wish I could get a BJD. But all the ones that I love are around 600-700 each 0_o I was going to start up a savings account but that didn't happen lol. I envy you girls these dolls look like so much fun!!
"If you cant be with the one you love, love the one your with" try an Obitsu like mine. Heaps of fun and small enough that when you want to get a bigger one (ie, when you can afford it) you can pass it onto your kids  Wink or keep her/him somewhere safe. I still really want a Pullip or a 60cm Obitsu, but the price limited me. Ive been having so much fun with my smaller doll. Plus, one of my besties is crafty, so shes been having fun and making me stuff  Wink

Im keen for a BJD swap by the way  Cheesy if someone else wants to set it all up  Cheesy  Tongue  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcrafty_mommy
Proud mom of two girls

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2010 02:14:25 AM »

Ok thanks!! I'll look into those for sure the prices are a lot better. Where are some good online stores that sell obitsu's other than ebay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcrafty_mommy
Proud mom of two girls

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2010 02:17:22 AM »

oh she's so pretty   Shocked good thing we're broke right now LOL I think i'm in love!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sweet-Marble-1-6-Custom-Head-Helena-OBITSU-OOAK-/270597589308?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f00df893c#ht_4813wt_1137
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010 02:19:00 AM by crafty_mommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Lightweight Hoodies For Spring Workouts
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
How to Find the Right Size Shoe For You
Zoe Saldana Bares Her Abs in a Crop Top and Goes Bold in Hot Pink
The 6 Shoes Every Woman Should Own
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...