It's my boyfriend's birthday at the end of the week and I want to make him an AMAZING Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake!!
Last year I made him this, and it came out really awesomehttp://secretfoods.blogspot.com/2006/12/triple-chocolate-cream-pie.html
This year I want to make him a chocolate mousse cheesecake. We went to the Cheesecake Factory about a month ago and got their Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, and it was really amazing! If you have the recipe they use, that would be be cool
But if you have even one of your own that you KNOW is AMAZING, let me know!
I don't have a whole lot of money, so I'm probably going to sew him something and make him a cake! So, I NEED a really good CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE recipe!!
Thank you so much!
Well...I made up my own recipe...
I read through so many recipes. Some called for fancy machinery, some had too many ingredients, some didn't seem to have enough. So I just kind of pieced together my own.
~*~ Chocolate OVERLOAD
I'm not even kidding.
It's so rich.
It taste's awesome.
Too much chocolate?? You be the judge I guess!
I'll list the exact ingredients I used in case it matters. I try to use as much organic ingredients as possible when I cook:Crust:
* 1 1/2 Cup (5oz) chocolate creme cookies - Finely Grounded (I used Late July - Vanilla Bean with green tea Sandwich Cookies
because they sounded interesting...I used the whole box, it was 9 oz, I think I used a bigger pan anyway)
* 5 tablespoons melted butter (Kates Homemade Butter
* 1/3 Cup sugar (Florida Crystals Organic Cane Sugar
I blended the cookies in a food processor and then mixed in the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. When it was all evenly blended enough, I molded it to the 9" pie pan.
~*~I made the rest of the pie right after, but I think if you are not, you should chill the crust.~*~Filling:
* 1 pound (19 oz) Softened Cream Cheese (I probably used 17 or 18 oz, and the store I went to didn't carry the organic cream cheese I usually buy, so I went with Philadelphia)
* 3/4 Cup sugar (Florida Crystals Organic Cane Sugar
* 2 teaspoons...maybe a little more Vanilla (I don't usually buy organic vanilla...it's expensive and I go through it too fast)
* 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I used Equal Exchange Fairly Traded Organic Baking Cocoa
* 1 Cup Sour Cream (I usually buy Friendship
, it's not organic, but, I don't usually like organic sour cream)
* 5 Eggs - (Cage Free, vegetarian fed, omega 3 "Happy Chickens Lay better eggs!")
* 10 oz Milk Chocolate Chips Melted (I just used store brand chips)
* 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (I can never find this stuff organic
* 3 oz German chocolate Grated (I used the Baker's
brand....and I also made a mistake in my own made up recipe...I melted it ><)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Beat in melted chocolate, vanilla, and cocoa powder
- STIR in whipping cream and grated German chocolate
- Pour mixture over crust
I drew a heart on the uncooked pie with my boyfriend's name in it at this point
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Lower temp to 200 and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until center no longer looks wet or shiny
- Remove the cake from the oven and run knife around the inside of pan (I forgot to do this...)
- Turn oven off
- Return the cake to the oven for 2 hours
- Chill uncovered over nightGanache Glaze (when pie is completely cool):
* 3oz bittersweet Chocolate Finely Chopped (I used some of the left over milk chocolate chips and put them in the food processor)
*4 teaspoons (1/2 stick) butter (Kates Homemade Butter
* 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
* 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
* 1 Tablespoon Powered Sugar (Florida Crystals Organic Powered Sugar
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Scald the butter and cream together in a saucepan
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted
- Whisk in vanilla and then whisk in powdered sugar until smooth
- spread over cheesecake while ganache is still warm
-I topped it with rainbow sprinkles and a little snow of powered sugar
-Chill the cheesecake until ready to serve
This was a HUGE hit. I think because how insane it tasted. Never had that much chocolate at one time. ONLY NEED SMALL SLICES! Haha