A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twilight Round 6 Swap (Sign Ups Closed) Send Out by 4/1/09  (Read 12462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2009 07:04:45 PM »

I have a Twilight poster on my office wall at work hahaha- I can't put it up at home or FH will tease me relentlessly lol

one of the visual guys at work gave me a poster we sent out for our stores to hang in their windows and yeah it covers an entire cube wall for me. the balance in my cube has never been so spot on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
kirstilynne
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2009 07:09:09 PM »

i love how much love is in this thread btw.  Grin so supportive so wonderful. i wish this swap would go on forever!

As far as the books changing my life, they have helped me develop perspective on life a bit. that some things are worth more than others. see i myself have a jacob black in my life  (minus the imprinting warewolf sence that is) and its helped me in some ways to realise that I love him in different ways. i could relate to bella's love triagle so well it was scary.

i also developed a bit of a better relationship with my family inspired by bella loving charlie so much actually. even though they are books intended for younger audiences, there is always something you can pull out of them. i read the Warrior's series by Erin Hunter meant for 9-12 year olds about clans of wild cats, and its funny how much the stories make me wonder what is going through my cats minds. i have 14 so its almost like my own clan of cats living in my home hahhaa.

books are just so wonderful! especially if you can walk away and think about things because the books planted ideas, thoughts, and inspiration in your head. thats why we're all signed up for the swap right? we're inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swapping! PM me!!!!

Feel like some shopping?
www.kirstilynne.etsy.com
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2009 08:11:09 PM »

Krafty- not sad at all!! No way!

I have a Twilight poster on my office wall at work hahaha- I can't put it up at home or FH will tease me relentlessly lol

I don't think you'll find him, Krafty, I think HE'LL find YOU! That's how I've seen it work anyway, which can be a bummer- just when you're about to give up for real, there he is! No worries girl, just keep on being you and there he'll be!!  Wink

goody!   Grin

and you're probably right.  someday he'll come a-runnin'!  lol  thanx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
mochaseptember
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2009 08:12:17 PM »

its awesome having all you guys just chatting about twilight here!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2009 08:24:02 PM »

even though they are books intended for younger audiences, there is always something you can pull out of them.

as I was taught by a woman who posted on Amazon.com's review of the Twilight movie, "I am much older than you (another customer who is 32 years old) and I am totally hooked on the movie and books. Twilight has no age limit."

I completely agree.  so what if it was aimed at teens.  I don't feel one bit of shame in loving these books.   Grin

my addition to the conversation was, "I am 26 and just saw the movie for the first (and so far only) time just 3 days ago (it started 11/21 and it's STILL in some theaters...wow) after getting the first book for Christmas and flying through it. My 26 year old cousin and a 21 year old co-worker both think I'm insane for liking the movie, let alone the books. But I love them both. According to Stephanie's website, this comes out the day before my birthday so I'm having my mother pre-order it for me as a gift. I have been completely sucked into the world of Twilight and I don't think I'll be leaving it anytime soon. I'm not so much "in love" with Robert (though he is gorgeous as Edward), I'm in love with the character he plays. Oh to find love like that. As soon as I finally get my hands on a copy of Eclipse (it's back ordered. boo-hoo) and get through the rest of New Moon and finish with Breaking Dawn, I'll be re-reading all the books and watching the movie every single chance I get. Sadly, I did kinda ruin the story for myself* (stupid curiosity), but it's not stopping me from reading the rest of the series.

Like another user said, Twilight has no age limit. All of us here have proven that. Wink Twilight forever!!! "

*I pretty much ruined Breaking Dawn.  I saw people mentioning Renesmee and I'm like "who the...?"  so I looked online.  yeah, wasn't real happy with myself after that.  had to fight the urge to look up more words and just started looking at pictures.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
koola
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2009 02:50:19 AM »

Don't worry Krafty, i accidently found out about Renesmee and 2 other important things in Breaking Dawn before i read it, didn't ruin my enjoyment one bit! Stupid Wikipedia with its spoilers in the first paragraph grr.

Yes i agree that in most cases your Edward will find you! I'd just got rejected by a guy who i'd liked for months, i was heartbroken, then my Rob came along Smiley I realised that when it's meant to be, there's no games, no awkwardness, no "he didn't call, does he like me?". It was just easy and wonderful. Trust me, if i can get a boyfriend with my average looks and heaps of emotional baggage, then anyone can! and you will my lovlies!

I'm 20, and both my friends since school are hooked on Twilight. I don't think any of use even cared that they were made for teenagers, the books themselves don't reflect that at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop - Wuvvlepop Accessories - http://wuvvlepop.etsy.com

Fan of Twilight, Kawaii and Horror Movies looking for Personal Swaps Smiley
kirstilynne
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2009 03:32:35 AM »

You know I can't help but wonder if they were actually intended for teenagers at all. The love story is quite intense and I bet a lot of the 13 year olds have few clues of the depth and intensity of bella and Edwards love... I'll elaborate more later. Off to lose my teeth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swapping! PM me!!!!

Feel like some shopping?
www.kirstilynne.etsy.com
craft_princess

Im a dreamer...

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2009 03:53:37 AM »

Me too I keep dreaming about finding my own Edward... Im sure hes out there somewhere, the problem is where?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that I need a bleach pen and mod podge... now it's only left to find that stuff in Spain, what seems to be impossible Sad
Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2009 06:00:30 AM »

I actually had a co-worker say how can you tell if a fictional character is hot? (she hasn't read the series) I dare someone not to fall in love with at least one person in these books. They just hook into your heart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
hippie4yahweh

Dabbler of all, master of... eh, not much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2009 07:23:11 AM »

About the books being "intended" for a younger audience... I actually vehemently refuse to let my little sister even THINK about reading them at LEAST till she's in high school!! (She's 11 going on 21- and when I described it to my step-mom, she agreed)

I'm a latecomer to Team Edward- I just happened to be at Borders the night of the BD release party, and I asked one of the moms what was going on (had never really heard of the series) So she starts telling me about the books she's allowing her 14 year old to read, and she's using words like "seductive", "sexy", "intense" etc. I was so grossed out that those "little girls" (NO offense to anyone, that was my mind set at the time) were reading stuff like that and it totally turned me off of the books.

Then my best friend read them out of sheer boredom on train rides in Europe last summer and I caved at her insistence. And I STILL think that younger girls should not read it.

I mean really- I was sooooo overdamatic and full of teen angst in high school, I'm so sure that I really would have needed to read books like this. I wouldn't have been able to handle the disappointment in the (jackass) boys at my school, and my ridiculous love affair with a fictional character lol!!

Grr... ok, I'm done with my rant. But I really really REALLY think that these should have been (and kind of were) written for an older audience...

(and just imagine how wonderful it would be if some of the scenes in the books were ADULT oriented.....) ::fans herself desperately::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Makeover for a Busy Mom
What to Wear on Thanksgiving and the Days After
Carbon Copy: Get January Jones Fall Look
Miranda Kerr Reveals Style Inspiration
Style Sound-Off: Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, Liam Hemsworth
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...