A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yudu Screen Printing Machine  (Read 55184 times)
Tags for this thread: iron_on_letters , yudu  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschkween
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2009 07:21:59 AM »

I really like my Yudu too! I would love to screen print the more organic way, and say that I can do a craft purely from scratch, and it took a really long time to make and all, but I simply don't have the time for it. Why spend all day on something that can take 30 minutes to make with comparable results? My hat's off to those of you with the time, patience and talent to do real screen printing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selkie.Girl

I run with scissors, it makes me feel dangerous

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2009 08:29:52 AM »

I just got a Yudu for Christmas. I'm currently in the process of planning my very first screen print. I can't wait but whoever made that video that came with it must have been doing drugs. They couldn't have made that video worse if they tried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2009 02:39:44 PM »

I never looked at the video it came with. I found one online that was pretty good, and took notes as it played...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2009 11:26:25 AM »

I *think* they were trying to be funny but it totally came off like they were nuts.

I still haven't used mine yet - too much has happened over this year but I keep looking longingly at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Paper Tart

We are the Robots. Doot-doot-de-doot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2010 06:29:03 PM »

I too did screen printing in school and again a little on my own.

My work recently purchased a Yudu system and I have found that it really isn't that much easier or faster than doing it the old school way. But it is easier in the sense that you don't have to figure out exposure times, or make a drying box (or find a  safe, dark place to let your screens dry). You do still have the mess of washing out your screens and figuring out a way to register if you have more than one color. I do, however, like the emulsion sheets they have. I always had a hard time getting a nice even coat consistently with the liquid emulsion - the sheets are so much easier.

You can buy them on a roll - but the rolls are pretty big and expensive. But if you are printing a lot I think it would be a great investment. It is called a capillary film and you can find it here http://estore.ryanrss.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=472 (I love that place, even with shipping they were way less expensive than my local art store when I bought my screens) 

If anyone finds some other place that sells that film in smaller rolls I'd love to know!

In my experience the Yudu is very convenient - you have everything you need all at once and it works well. But if you are willing to do some research and experiment, you can put a screen printing system together for half the price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My infrequently updated Blog
My sparsely furnished Flickr
CaptainLaurie
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2010 08:41:15 PM »

I would hesitate to have the image cut out of the emulsion paper - it sounds like a pain to line up.

The emulsion paper tha comes in rolls is more light senstive than the Yuduu stuff I think. We are considering purchasing some because the cost is so much less. We will probably end up getting some dark room lights for the spare room we're using for crafts.

Also - is anyone having a problem burning screens with transparencies? We got some 11x17 ones printed at Kinkos and the black is not very dark. FOUR DOLLARS a page because it's done on a color printer (the B&W copier was worse).

If you're having trouble getting the images on your transparencies dark enough, the DIY trick is to print out 2 of them on your printer at home using regular transparencies you can buy in an office supply store.  Tape the 2 images together, one on top of the other, and make sure they line up properly.  That should provide a sufficiently dark image to block out the light and get a good clean burn on the emulsion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snaqueb

Vice President of Bling Bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2010 12:01:23 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I hope this thread is still up and running - I've got some questions!

Has anyone tried multi colors yet? and if so, have you tried a run of them?  I know how to use the registration panels, but how do you actually print the multicolor shirts without the ink drying in the screen?  I have a 3 color design I'd like to try (ambitious, I know!) and if it works I'd like to do a run of them.  Do I have to do all 3 colors one after the other on each shirt (if so, I'm worried about the ink drying in the screen between layers and shirts), or can I print 1 layer on all my shirts, then go back and print layer 2 on all the shirts, etc. (but then how do I line them up again with the design?)  Any tips?

I've also been printing on black fabric, and thanks to this thread use the hairdryer in between coats - works like a charm!  I've had to do 3-4 pulls of paint sometimes, so I've had a few problems with too much ink leaking out of the design between pulls.  I think I'll try using a different squeegee (I'm using the pro), or not flooding the screen between pulls.  One thing that I do to prevent the hairdryer from drying out the ink in the screen is hold up a big piece of cardboard in front of the design.  It blocks the wind from the dryer enough so that the screen doesn't dry out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Heart That! Dance - Fun sparkly dance gear and accessories!
Come check us out!  Our website is now up and running!  http://www.iheartthatdance.com

Etsy Shop:
www.iheartthatdance .etsy.com

Blog & Flickr:
http://iheartthatdance.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iheartthatdance
LadyDeath2007
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2010 11:08:13 PM »

HI all, me and my sister are debating whether or not to get a yudu machine.  She is an artist and I am a designer.  We wanna start are own business, is this the best machine to get to silk screen.  I am working with photo ez silk screen paper to make my screens.  I just wanna know if it is worth the price to get,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Cute Sushi.  Purchas here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=8250505
buckeyebizguy
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2010 03:43:09 PM »

Get the Yudu! I think they are back ordered most places, but i know YuduSale.com has them.. I have quite a bit of experience with them so if you have any questions you can contact me! Good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snaqueb

Vice President of Bling Bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2010 05:27:11 AM »

For those of you frustrated with the emulsion sheets...

I just got a "YUDU hack kit" from DIY Teeshirts - I HIGHLY recommend it!!!  I was so sick of wasting emulsion sheets (and the associated cash monies), so I ordered it... pure awesomeness!  Cost me a lot to get it shipped to Canada, but it was well worth it!

www.diyteeshirts.co m

(I'm not affiliated with this website in any way - just thought I'd share my awesome find!)

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Heart That! Dance - Fun sparkly dance gear and accessories!
Come check us out!  Our website is now up and running!  http://www.iheartthatdance.com

Etsy Shop:
www.iheartthatdance .etsy.com

Blog & Flickr:
http://iheartthatdance.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iheartthatdance
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Menasche: What Are You Reading?
Trailers: X-Men: No More Humans Trailer
My First Book Became A Lifetime Movie
Author And Mom Describes How Divorce Led To Her Steamy Memoir
CoolAge Blogfest Winners at Spring Fest, IIT Kharagpur
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...