A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yudu Screen Printing Machine  (Read 55485 times)
Tags for this thread: iron_on_letters , yudu  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinBassett
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009 10:02:49 PM »

Provo Craft is working on bigger & better bottles.   Smiley

I would be cautious about what inks to use though.  -You can see the results of using different inks here (scroll down a bit): http://www.whatdoyudu.com/tutorials/default.aspx

I have heard that some people have removed the emulsion with just warm water.  A friend of mine used Simple Green & warm water.  -I guess you could experiment & see...the worst that could happen is you'd have to buy a new screen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalpeace
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009 01:58:02 AM »

i think from what i read is that the makers of the yudu dont recommend any other inks, do to with the other inks possibly wrecking the emulsion or screen itself when you clean,  if you would try they wont handle their warranty if something does happen to the machine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilcraftlab
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009 04:28:23 AM »

I am interested in using this machine (Yudu by Provocraft) to "print" on stoneware clay after it has been bisque fired. The pieces will be flat tiles.   The glazes I use are water based so I don't think they can ruin a screen or platen.  I do realize that  I may "I run" and not produce crisp lines, I would do simple designs only.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Madeline

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011 03:53:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

scrappygirl085
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009 06:49:32 AM »

Martha Stewart actually had this on her show last week and it looked pretty cool, however, my friend just bought one for her college age son and returned it when she found that new screens are $40 each (for 2+ color designs) and the cost of accessories (inks, wash, etc.) were high.  It still pique's my interest, though.  For anyone who uses this product, please show us your results!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalpeace
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009 07:24:05 AM »

i actually got to use it last night to try it out for my demo this saturday i can take some pics today when i get back in at work.

only bad things are the red ink stains the screen and your hands   and you MUST make sure that there are no air bubbles left when you put the emulsion on the screen cuz i had taken a small part off when i washed the screen.   the screens where premade for the demo at joann's so i had no control for that other wise i would have made sure there wasnt any bubbles
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinBassett
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009 01:09:05 PM »

new screens are $40 each (for 2+ color designs) and the cost of accessories (inks, wash, etc.) were high. 

Memory Making Crafts has the 110 Mesh Screens for around $25.00, and 3-pack inks for around $19....not too bad IMO.  You could also use your coupon for Yudu stuff at JoAnn's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinBassett
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009 01:11:38 PM »

I am interested in using this machine (Yudu by Provocraft) to "print" on stoneware clay after it has been bisque fired. The pieces will be flat tiles.   The glazes I use are water based so I don't think they can ruin a screen or platen.  I do realize that  I may "I run" and not produce crisp lines, I would do simple designs only.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Madeline

www.evilcraftlab.co m
www.evilcraftlab.bl ogspot.com

I'd love to see this done, so if you get the chance to try it please let us know how it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilcraftlab
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009 02:34:38 PM »

Erin,

I'll definitely post my results! It looks like my results may be better on wet clay as per the book "Image Transfers on Clay" by P. Wandless.  In the book they mention the different types of mesh used in silkscreen.  In regards to your earlier post "Memory Making Crafts has the 110 Mesh Screens" Do you know what type of mesh the Provo Craft machine comes with?  The book recommends that you use 120-260 mesh. I have not yet purchased the machine, I was planning on attending the demo at Jo-Ann's on Sat. and purchasing the machine then.

Thanks!
Madeline
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystalpeace
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009 03:48:30 PM »

you can not use your joann's coupon on the yudu stuff but at this time the yudu machine and the supplies are on sale,  and i looked at the prices and it was about $26 regular price for the new screens and  $8 regular price for the pack of 2 emulsion sheets,  the machine is on sale for 199.99 instead of the regular price of 299.99

please do  come to the demo as you may also bring home with you a tshirt or any other project the person demoing makes,
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009 03:50:06 PM by crystalpeace » THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009 04:53:15 PM »

Wow, seems like I used my ACMoore coupon just in time.  I see now that they've added Yudu to their list of things that you can't buy with their coupon.  Joann's 40% off of supplies is a great deal.  I'll definitely be attending a demo this weekend and stocking up on some goodies. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make a Memorial Vase Arrangement
How To Make a Bow Using Double Face Wired Ribbon
How To Make a Monument Saddle Arrangement
How To Decorate a Plain Ivy Swag
How To Make a Bow Using #40 Satin Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...