A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help with some word art?  (Read 1001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dazeychick
"I got my toes in the water, a** in the sand..." -Zac Brown Band

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 19, 2009 09:42:42 PM »

The bf and my 6 month anniversary is on the 23rd and I want to mail him a card with some other things I got for him, but I need some help... Does anyone know how to make words into a shape? The card is going to say on the outside "We go together like..." and on the inside is a list of things that go together but I would like to make the list in a heart shape. The other thing I am mailing him is a Jenga game for his Wii, and I'm gonna say its been six months since I "fell" for you or something like that. :-) I can't wait to mail it to him. So if anyone knows how I can make the card without having to write it, I would greatly appreciate any help!

And since this is the Valentine's thread, for V-day I am making him a book with the inside cut out and I'm going to put our picture in the middle. I'm hoping to paint the inside to make it look antique but I haven't decided how to do that yet... any suggestions? Also I'm going to write 1 Corinthians on the inside as well. I think he'll really like it. Also we love to get Krispy Kreme when the light is on so I am making kind of a thing to go with that. I'm buying this huge sugar daddy candy I found the other day and getting hot tamales as well. And its going to say "One day a Hot Tamale met her Sugar Daddy and she bought him Krispy Kreme." (or something similar to that, I haven't worked that out either...)

Thanks for reading... I know its long! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Leave something good in everyday" -Dolly Parton

http://pinterest.com/c_green
http://candragreen.blogspot.com/
ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009 10:34:54 AM »

These sound like great ideas Smiley As to forming the words into a heart without actually doing it by hand, if you have photoshop cs2, there's tutorials online that show you how to put words into a shape. Like so:

But if you want the words not to be all straight inside the shape, or form part of the shape itself, then I don't think there's a way (or that I know of) that would allow you to do it not by hand. Hope that helped Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
IntendedChaos

Wife, crafter, artist, dreamer, and friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009 02:36:50 PM »

Well, i made a similar book/box thing for my bf for our anniversary... what i did was collage black and white or sepia toned pictures where i wanted on the book, then painted or wrote in any other words or images, and then i went over the whole thing with a brown/metallic gold wash of REALLY watered down paint, so it looked antiqued, and it was sparkly!  Cheesy  hope i helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
http://doseofdarling.blogspot.com
dazeychick
"I got my toes in the water, a** in the sand..." -Zac Brown Band

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009 07:37:27 AM »

Thanks to both of you! I ended up just making more of a plain card because I don't have photoshop Undecided but that is what I wanted to do with the heart (like the telephone) but perhaps I'll just save that idea for later.

As for the book, its in progress and I think I may use your idea with the watered down paint, headed to walmart now to check out the paint... But did your pictures bleed once they got painted over? Thanks!! I'll post pics when I'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Leave something good in everyday" -Dolly Parton

http://pinterest.com/c_green
http://candragreen.blogspot.com/
IntendedChaos

Wife, crafter, artist, dreamer, and friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009 03:01:56 PM »

er... i dont really remember, and i can't look at it cuz the boy has it.. but i don't think so... if you are really worried about that, then maybe apply a thin coat of modge podge over just the pictures... that may work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
http://doseofdarling.blogspot.com
julietalpha
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009 01:20:53 AM »

I'm not sure whether it'll do hearts and other shapes but I recently discovered a website called Wordle (www.wordle.net) and it's very cool!  You paste a bunch or text in and it spits out a word cloud.  You can change the font, colours and direction of the words.  Check it out - it's lots of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So much to make, so little time!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Searching for the Perfect T-Shirt
How to Find the Perfect Pair of Jeans for Your Body Type
Bikini Battle 11: Serena Williams Vs Hilaria Baldwin
April 2014 Man of Style: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Mix Unpredictable Pieces for the Perfect Look
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...