A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Souvenir Swap  (Read 1425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009 03:28:53 PM »

Just hearing brief facts about other poeples town/city is sooo cool!  Maybe for the swap we could list a few things of interest and then on the questionar we could mention to the organizer everyones city that we'd like to learn about.  Then, the organizer can og from there when it comes to partners.

I don't want to 'pick a city I'm interested in'. I'd rather have someone tell me what they love about their place. And I'd rather show off what's special to me about my city - I'd rather not have to tailor what I make to what interests my partner. I'd live in fear of getting someone who enjoys natural features, or history....

Melbourne doesn't have any natural awe-inspiring features (unless you count the upside-down river), we don't have great monuments, it's only 'existed' for 175 years, so there's no long and deep history (unless you count the fact that it was the Capital of Australia for a bit. Suck shit, Sydney!).... I'd curl up and die if I had to supply postcards and a little figurine of a W-class tram. My Melbourne's attractions are all less... kitsch. More cultural. More intellectual.

For me, my Melbourne is this, or this or this.

I want to show off this place and this street or this venue.

Goddamn, I love this city. Even when it's running out of water and ringed by fire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009 05:07:49 PM »

This sounds like an awesome first swap for me to start with!  I just moved to Germany, so I could send something cool from here!  Does it have to be something home made?  Or could it be a souvenir bought at a store from here?
Just wondering!

I know there's already been some answers, but personally I was really wanting the homemade thing! There have been quite a few swaps that do the store bought souvenirs already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RyverChyld
♥Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love♥

I Believe in Fairies!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009 05:12:06 AM »

Cool I will start thinking of some ideas and projects I could make with Germany as my theme!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Try and try again.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009 08:06:30 AM »

This sounds like an interesting swap.  Salem, Oregon.  Hmmmm.  How interesting could that be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009 08:46:10 AM »

I don't want to 'pick a city I'm interested in'. I'd rather have someone tell me what they love about their place. And I'd rather show off what's special to me about my city - I'd rather not have to tailor what I make to what interests my partner. I'd live in fear of getting someone who enjoys natural features, or history....

Melbourne doesn't have any natural awe-inspiring features (unless you count the upside-down river), we don't have great monuments, it's only 'existed' for 175 years, so there's no long and deep history (unless you count the fact that it was the Capital of Australia for a bit. Suck shit, Sydney!).... I'd curl up and die if I had to supply postcards and a little figurine of a W-class tram. My Melbourne's attractions are all less... kitsch. More cultural. More intellectual.

For me, my Melbourne is this, or this or this.

I want to show off this place and this street or this venue.

Goddamn, I love this city. Even when it's running out of water and ringed by fire.

See, THIS is exactly what this swap should be about, really sharing what you feel is special about the place you live, not just historical facts but what makes your community unique. A really intimate picture of the place you reside in, so that your partner can see it through your eyes and your creations.

That would be AWESOME! Looks like there are some amazing people/places that will be participating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009 02:39:43 AM »

I have lived in many cities/states: Harrisburg, PA; Baltimore, MD; Cut'n Shoot,TX; Fayetteville,NC; Venice,FL. Just thinking of this reminds me of the many interest of my "home" here in Iowa. I don't like the idea of picking and choosing, but I wouldn't be learning something new if I was paired with one of those areas. Although, each of my 3 children were born in a different state.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmellah
Scrapbooker

Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009 07:51:59 AM »

ive alreadybeen planning things lol. i live in the beverly/Salem mass line and there are so many tall tales people are told about my area bcause of the salem witch trials, even on local tours. I think a mini scrapbook on little known facts you wont find on tours might be pretty cool as an item lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do the Prettiest 2-Minute Hairstyle Perfect for Holiday Parties
One-Minute Hair Makeover
What You Need to Change About Your Hair Routine This Winter
How to Do a Plaited Updo
Sleek Ponytail Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...