A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sydneysiders, Spotlight  (Read 3083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009 12:53:11 AM »

My local Spotlight (Bankstown) CLOSED DOWN!!! I feel so lost! (Though got lots of bargains in the closing down sales) But its sad because the ladies that work there have been there as long as I can remember, they're like crafty family to me, always helpful and such.

I agree that Auburn is an awesome store, always neat and well stocked and empty. Liverpool is good too. I don't like Lincraft as much, I find it over-priced and the one closest to me (Parramatta) smells funny, but only I seem able to smell the funny smell.

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
Krisseh

Just the 2 of us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009 08:09:11 PM »

Bankstown was my local also Sad I miss my lovely ladies in there!

Campbelltown is the one I visit now . .  I am not a fan of auburn . . the staff just arent the same level of friendliness!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its just Mummy & Matilda
lamoo_of_doom
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009 06:59:40 AM »

I worked at the castle hill store for years before moving to wagga to go to uni, and i totally agree that it's the smallest of the lot. Really in need of an update. Auburn is really big but I've found some of the ladies in the dress fabric department to be pretty unhelpful (but then again, that could have been because they went "oh, she's staff... we dont have to be nice").

Though as far as buying fabric goes (though not really wool, notions etc), seriously forgo Spotlight and take a trip to Cabramatta.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
NettieP
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009 08:00:02 PM »

Auburn/Lidcombe store was great when it first opened but now it's quite a disaster area especially the craft section.  Hardly any scrapbook papers to choose from or embellishments.  Lack of shelf pricing is also annoying. 
It's still good for getting fabrics of just about any type you might like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparrow Stitches
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009 07:55:55 PM »

I've only been to three: Birkenhead Point, Castle Hill and Wollongong (i know, it's not Sydney but it's worth a mention).

Birkenhead is the worst of the one's I've visited, the range is terrible, the yarn is almost all acrylic, there are virtually no needlework supplies, the store is messy and poorly merchandised and the staff avoid customers unless directly at the counter.

Castle Hill is better, but still pretty old and in need of an update. The range is better, and the staff are seriously knowledgeable (as far as I can tell). Parking is a nightmare - definitely plan your visit to avoid middle-of-the-day weekend crowds.

Wollongong have less helpful staff, but a fantastic range of everything you could think of. The store is well worth the drive. Spend a day but go in with a plan because you will lose yourself. Parking is difficult as the store is in the CBD, but hey, for the range, I'm willing to trade that off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NoAddedMSG
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009 12:32:51 AM »

I second the Wollongong store being worth the effort - it is pretty messy, totally crammed with stock, and every time I go in there I find at least 6 rolls of fabric I want. That is never the case with the other Spotlight I occasionally visit (Queanbeyan, near Canberra) where I can never find anything I want to impulse-buy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Draw a Runaround Path in the Original Photoshop File
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Create a Grayscale Gradient with the Adjustment Layer
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Import Into InDesign from Bridge and Color Setting
How to Do a Photoshop Facelift
How to Import a Photoshop File Into Adobe Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...