A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling scarf swap??  (Read 3997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009 08:48:40 PM »

I just had a fab idea (at least I hope it is fab) for if we go with option A (which I am ok with, and now more so because of my idea Roll Eyes).  There is likely someone that will want to work with acrylic only.  They should be the person always sending to ArrghMatey.  If no one else but Jenicat and I want to use non acrylic yarn, I can always send to Jenicat.  Though some of the stuff is blended with acrylic.  Anyways, just ideas, I am totally open.

*is confused.*   Huh Maybe it's just late and I need to go to bed but how do you mean the only people sending to ArrghMatey? Everyone sends to everyone. Or do you mean it goes through the circle the same way? Haha, I'm so lost. *goes to bed and hopes this will make sense in the morning.*  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009 08:50:29 PM by mochaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009 09:14:30 PM »

A sends to B who sends to C who sends to D who sends to E....and so forth, so the same person is always sending to the same person, but each scarf goes through the circle of people.  If this doesn't make sense still, then I'll make a drawing and scan it which can better represent my idea.  Sorry, I didn't think it was confusing.  Hopefully you'll love me when you understand...hopefu lly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009 10:45:47 PM »

I am really glad that acrylic-only idea got scrapped... I was about to cry!  Wink

Hoo, nelly, this is gonna be a beast to organize.  You gonna be okay, mochaxlight?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
myklia
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2009 06:06:42 AM »

*is confused.*   Huh Maybe it's just late and I need to go to bed but how do you mean the only people sending to ArrghMatey? Everyone sends to everyone. Or do you mean it goes through the circle the same way? Haha, I'm so lost. *goes to bed and hopes this will make sense in the morning.*  Roll Eyes

Watch this confuse you more even though it is meant not to.  Here is my diagram using 5 of us (though there will be more of us, but this is just to give you an idea).

So basically all the scarves would go through everyone in the same order.  Whatever scarf comes my way I will send to Jenicat who will then send it to mochaxlight, etc.

Hoo, nelly, this is gonna be a beast to organize.  You gonna be okay, mochaxlight?

If you want to exchange phone numbers and talk it out, let me know, maybe I can communicate better that way (or maybe not, I don't know).  I'm not trying to take over, just trying to think of solutions.  I had wanted to take an organizational break for a couple of months or so, but if you need a co organizer, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2009 06:41:22 AM »

I'm interested. A little confused, but interested.

Does this mean that we each work on 5 scarves (for example) and everybody ends up with 5?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
myklia
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2009 06:51:05 AM »

Does this mean that we each work on 5 scarves (for example) and everybody ends up with 5?

No, we each end up with one scarf.  So say I start my scarf and work on 5 inches (it may be more inches per person).  I would then send it to Jenicat who would then add 5 more inches to it.  She would then send it to mochaxlight who would add another 5 inches. And so forth.  We all add to each others scarf until the circle is complete.  In the end we have a scarf made with different yarns and different patterns.

I just used 5 inches as an example.  I don't know what mochaxlight has in mind as to how many inches each person does.

Ok, I think I should shut up at the point. Roll Eyes Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2009 07:21:50 AM »

I'll be okay organizing. I like organizing. GIMMIE THE POWER!!! Grin

Oooook, I see what you're saying myklia. That's a good idea, it means every two weeks I won't have to be pairing people up. I might do it that way, or the other way, where everyone gets to send to someone different. BUT now that I'm thinking and typing, I like that way. I'll just have to use a lil brain power.  Wink

Yes, ScotSkipper, myklia got it. Everyone will have a scarf, add their bit, then send it off every two weeks. You'll always have a scarf to work on. Everyone ends up with just 1 funky fabo scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2009 07:35:24 AM »

I'll be okay organizing. I like organizing. GIMMIE THE POWER!!! Grin

Everyone ends up with just 1 funky fabo scarf.

COOLIO! I'm so in!
And thanks for organizing. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
macreede
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2009 01:35:55 PM »

This sounds awesome.  I would love to do this hopefully it will be when my elec. gets back on so I can join.

Teresa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2009 03:26:34 PM »

I'm getting everything together, but I want to ask ya'al if there's any concerns or questions about anything regarding this swap?! Let me know. I think I got everything down on the questionnaire, but I want to be positive. Thanks!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non Destructive Dodging and Burning in Photoshop
How to Create HDR Images in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Use the Refine Edge in Photoshop
How to Use the Liquify Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...