A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kids Meals Toys  (Read 1130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chorto78
« on: January 30, 2009 07:49:48 PM »

A few months ago I took my 2 year old niece to a garage sale with me and she found a box of old Happy Meal type toys  that she played with. The man having the sale said I could have the whole box for 2 dollars. These are old toys, some Sesame Street, some of the old McNugget toys that McDonalds used to have in the 80's.
Anways, what should I do with these? My sister would not let my niece play with them so now they are taking up space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009 08:06:18 PM »

If you have enough of them, and they are relatively the same size, make a chess set with them.  Or if you don't have enough of the same size, make a tic tac toe game.  that way they are still intact, but your niece could still play with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009 01:33:28 PM »

Why won't she let her play with them? Maybe a nice bleach bath would help her feel more comfortable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
cat2007
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009 01:48:02 PM »

do what I did  make christmas ornaments and gift them to her since she's not allowed to touch other peoples toys (i use to be the same way then decided that it's ok once sanitized)   I took 3 yrs of collected toys and did a character tree one year my kids loved it. some we kept and a few they removed to 'play with' again.  just a suggestion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009 06:22:27 PM »

Remember the melted bead bowl with army soldiers that was posted before - what about doing something like that with some of the plastic bits to make a bowl or tray for holding her art supplies/jewelry, whatnots?

Or use some of them to make a mobile to decorate her room with, or some other item - picture frame, box, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
chorto78
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009 07:52:48 PM »

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions, I really like the character tree idea. I think it might be a little awesome for me to have a little chicken mcnugget tree for my house.
I saw how to make snow globes using glass jars, I think I might make a cookie monster snow globe!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009 07:53:18 PM by chorto78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hipmum
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009 04:20:55 PM »

My friend does a different themed Christmas tree in each room of her house and she used old Happy Meal toys for the ornaments on her playroom tree.  But you may want to Google McDonalds collectibles to make sure none of them are worth some money!  Last time I had a yard sale I set out a box of old Happy Meal toys and a lady who collects them bought the whole box, she said some of them are really worth a lot of money...

Shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cxcaitlyn
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009 05:57:52 PM »

I've seen a few blogs that suggest painting objects with one solid color, like a gold, bronze, or perhaps granite, and using them as 'sculptures.' It would be a great decoration for a playroom.

Or, if your niece has siblings or other cousins, you could set up a play date to make 'trophies' for each other. Buy some wooden plaques, or something of the sort, and glue the toys together on each one in whatever combination the kids choose, then spray paint the whole thing gold and affix signs with the children's names and achievements. It would be a great way to get rid of the toys, and would be fun on a rainy day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chorto78
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009 06:12:26 PM »

I've seen a few blogs that suggest painting objects with one solid color, like a gold, bronze, or perhaps granite, and using them as 'sculptures.' It would be a great decoration for a playroom.

Or, if your niece has siblings or other cousins, you could set up a play date to make 'trophies' for each other. Buy some wooden plaques, or something of the sort, and glue the toys together on each one in whatever combination the kids choose, then spray paint the whole thing gold and affix signs with the children's names and achievements. It would be a great way to get rid of the toys, and would be fun on a rainy day!

That's a cool idea! Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 9/13
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 15/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 11/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 12/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 13/26
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...