A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LSU fabric - anyone near a Hancocks or Walmart or have any?  (Read 3017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2009 10:48:58 AM »

Hi!  I'm over here in Alabama - and my son's kindergarten teacher's 14 year old son has Hodgkins - stage 4.  He is currently finishing up his second round of chemo and sometime in February he will be undergoing a bone marrow transplant and will be in a *clean room* for about a month.  The date is not determined yet since he has to get his blood cell count back up before they can harvest his stem cells then he can get it done.

I wanted to make him a nice sized lap quilt to keep him warm - and make him happy so I asked her what kind of things he likes.. turns out he is pretty much a one track mind kind of a guy - LSU... (and she did say the he is allowed to have quilts and whatnot from home - they just need to be freshly laundered and put inside a plastic bag as soon as it is out of the dryer)
And of course here in Alabama LSU fabric sadly isn't on the shelves.. I've got Auburn.  I've got Alabama but I have not LSU (no surprise there though)

I am considering purchasing some from Hancock's online - however it is $6 shipping and you have to buy a yard at a time - which is a lot of material for a lap quilt.  I don't mind spending the fundage but I really don't know what I would do with all the leftover material!

Would anyone be up for a swap of some sort for some LSU cotton fabric?  I'm hoping to get a half yard or so of at least 2 prints - preferably 3 - so I can make him a nice lap quilt before he goes in for his procedure.

I'd also be willing to paypal the fundage or work out some sort of a deal Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
olive_juice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009 12:31:53 PM »

I'd be more than happy to pick some up for ya. If you'd like, i can take pictures next time i'm in one (tomorrow, actually. haha) and have you pick from there. We've got a LOT to choose from around here. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Black and White Images
How to Capture a Car in Motion
Camera Settings For Panoramic Stitching
Photographing your Wedding
Why do some Cameras have a Viewfinder/LCD?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...