A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: hexagon afghan crochetalong (w/pattern link)  (Read 12554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009 09:33:58 AM »

Thanks for this, and yes it makes perfect sense.  It is a simple but very effective edging and joining method - I will try this.

Phoenix-michiko, your cat is great - what super dooper paws:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
Esjay82
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009 10:28:27 AM »

oooh everyones look great! i keep coming back to have a look!! But i am being strong and not starting till i've finished a few things!  Grin i aim to be able to start by the end of next week tho! I'll be using bright acrylic colours from my stash.. so i have no idea how it will turn out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kayster
Meatloaf, Beatloaf, I HATE meatloaf

I'm growing up and living life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009 09:48:46 AM »

I haven't gotten very far lately because I keep breaking my plastic hooks!  I have something against aluminum ones, I think they split the yarn and are harder to crochet with.  But I broke down and bought one.

I don't know how I break them...my tension isn't too tight.  I think when I'm stressed a hold things tighter.  During my finals last year a snapped my toothbrush in half while brushing my teeth.  Don't worry I didn't snap it against my teeth it just snapped in my hand and I had no idea I was holding it the tightly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midnight7649
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009 11:17:35 AM »

I think your blanket looks great! ya know I always thought the opposite, that the plastic hooks would split and snag yarn Smiley Are you using older plastic hooks? maybe they're just brittle to begin with and thats why they keep breaking? If they're breaking in the middle you could always try to wrap them with packaging or duct tape to reinforce them, I'm sure you would have to get used to the feeling of the tape but maybe the hooks would last longer...

I was hoping to get some of my hex's stitched together this past weekend but I couldn't find the right yarn for the right price Smiley so hopefully I'll find some when I head to the city on Thursday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009 01:32:18 AM »

I thought I'd posted here, then found I hadn't so I posted my hexs yesterday and deleted them today because I wasn't happy with the pattern  Roll Eyes I'm using a different hex pattern now and it flows much better for me  Smiley saying that I only made 3 last night *lol*

It's a Lionbrand pattern "motif VII" I added an extra row of dc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Esjay82
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009 11:16:21 AM »

i have been so good and not started yet! and have finished another project.. and almost finished another one!!! Which means i should be able to start hexagons today or tomorrow!! whoop!! i've just been looking through my stash.... and this is the yarn i have i can use....
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3590/3349786938_c4cb373453.jpg

now i'm trying to decide how to use the colours? any suggestions?  Grin
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:54:32 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009 11:34:42 AM »

you have some lovely colours there Esjay, mine is going to be somewhat less than pretty when I've done  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Esjay82
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009 11:58:04 AM »

i'm feeling a little overwhelmed by choice!!? i dont know where to start!!? i have some off white too.. i might make all the centers off white, to create a little order.  Wink i think also i might start with the blues and greens, maybe keep making hexagons from them see how i get on.

now i see my yarn laid out, i see i have alot of the red brown colours.. i might make that into a starghan with off white too! As a gift for someone. we shall see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandra22

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009 11:28:47 AM »

I haven't gotten very far lately because I keep breaking my plastic hooks!  I have something against aluminum ones, I think they split the yarn and are harder to crochet with.  But I broke down and bought one.

Have you tried bamboo hooks?  I believe these are really good, and get better with age and the more you use them.  I'm going to buy myself a few soon.  I also have some antique bone hooks, but haven't tried them - too scared.

Your blanket is looking great.  I was going to join in with this, but had a few other things on the go, but might have a bit more time soon.  If it's still going I'll post a few.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009 01:22:00 PM by antarcticraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
Sandra22

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009 11:29:58 AM »

Don't seem to have mastered the skill of quoting yet - sorry for re posting your picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Setting Up the HTML File for Export
Extreme Website Makeover - Renaming the Slices
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding More Slices to the Web Page
Extreme Website Makeover - Exporting from Fireworks into Dreamweaver®
Extreme Website Makeover - Making Slices with the Selection Tool
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...