A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: halloween wedding  (Read 2261 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kimmy_sue05
« on: January 27, 2009 07:44:49 PM »

So I've finally found "the one" and we are set to tie the knot Halloween 2010. I pretty much have what I want to do for decorations down but I'm not sure what to do about dresses. I really want like a black and red & black and pink/ purple dress, but I've searched all over the web and have no clue where to find one. As I'm not the best seamstress I don't think that I could sew one. Anyone have any helpful ideas. Any input would be appreciated.

And for your viewing pleasure here is a random pic of my man and I.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009 07:54:11 PM »

You might could get one from etsy. If no one is offering what you want you could put in an Alchemy for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
edie22
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009 09:12:13 PM »

I got married on Halloween! We went with the traditional dress for me - more of an cream than white, and black tuxes on the guys.  But the girls all wore like, black cocktail dresses and I put on the invitations (on black card stock that I totally had to make myself because black invitations? either expensive or non-existant) "costumes requested." It turned out to be so much fun!! People still talk about it, and it was almost 10 years ago.  We had a pumpkin carving rehearsal dinner and used those pumpkins for the centerpeices.  Had orange and white carnations as the flowers.  OH! a fog machine to walk us down the aisle.  And instead of the regular wedding march we played tubular bells -- you know the theme from The Omen.  If you want, I could probably find some pictures of stuff. 

Sorry I can't help on the dress - I'm a pretty terrible seamstress myself.  You could try to buy a wedding dress you liked and dye it.  Though if it failed, that'd be kind of expensive.  Or just go completely non-traditonal and get a bridesmaid dress and fancy it up.

good luck and congrats!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
ivory_an
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009 11:51:59 PM »

Congradulation on the upcoming wedding! You didn't say what style you were looking for so I though maybe you might get some idea's from this site:

http://gothicweddingdresses.webs.com/apps/webstore/

I hope this helps or gives you a starting point... if not; I'm wishing you tons of good luck and I'll be thinking on this for a bit so you never know what else I might think of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009 02:21:06 PM »

You could check out www.offbeatbride.com, alot of vendors are listed there and you can get some sweet ideas.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zOmbiE_cUpcAkeS
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009 02:45:15 PM »

I have no ideas but i absolutely LOVE that idea!!!!! A halloween wedding..how cool is that!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmy_sue05
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009 06:39:27 PM »

Thanks so much everyone I think that I'm going to try my hand at the Convertable dress that I found at http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html in like a cream color or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HappyBecca
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010 08:09:12 PM »

I was married on Halloween last year and it was so much fun!  You said you looked online for a dress, did you try ebay? I got mine on ebay for $160... it was custom made, and I got to choose the colors on it... I was worried when my dress arrived in a small envelope, but I opened it and it was gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better dress (that didn't have to be altered in any way).  Just type in custom made wedding dress in the search bar and have fun shopping Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snips and snails
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010 06:26:22 PM »

Oooh! Fun!!

I agree with putting a request on etsy using the alchemy feature. That's how I bought my wedding dress, and it's amazing!

Here's a picture that I just LOVE:

I also like this one... I bet you could trim it in red somehow!
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5065205

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Lesson 3
Introduction to Adobe Illustrator Lesson 2
Introduction to Illustrator
Introduction to Adobe Illustrator - Overview
How to Import Graphic in Adobe Flash Lesson 4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...