A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charm Swap  (Read 11787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2009 04:14:10 PM »

Swap name: Charm Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: KarenLouiseM
Sign-up date range: January 27 - February 6
Date to send item by: February 28
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 12
Restricted to people who all live in the same continent? YES
If so, which country? North America
Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap is not a partner swap.  Swappers will be making 1 or 2 charms for each of the other swap participants (and don't forget yourself!).  If there are more than 4 participants, swappers will only need to make one charm for each participant - if there are 4 or fewer swappers each person will make 2 different charms for each participant. 

Charms shouldn't be any bigger than approximately 1.5" - not a hard and fast rule, just a guideline.

If making one charm per participant, most people seem to be interested in making the same design (i.e., you could send a soldered charm with the same picture) for each recipient, but this isn't required.  If making two charms per receiver, then those two should be different (so a person doesn't receive two identical charms).

Participants will send charms to all other participants using a DC number. 

Once the swap is closed I will send out addresses to all participants.  But you can start crafting now 

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Confirm that you are willing to make multiple packages and send with a DC for each (yes/no)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1.  KarenLouiseM - everyone else
2.  Kevsbabe29 - everyone else
3.  spotnik - everyone else
4.  missnihkii - everyone else
5.  Smmarrt - everyone else
6.  carrieme - everyone else
7.  goosegg1001 - everyone else
8.  HippieKender - everyone else
9.  kirstilynne - everyone else
10. goatgoddess - everyone else
11. franaroon - everyone else
12. crafty_dame - everyone else

Gallery:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295306
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009 08:52:30 AM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009 04:52:08 PM »

Woo hoo I sent in my info
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fusbdgt
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009 05:01:43 PM »

I'm very much hoping to clear a space for this *fingers crossed*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009 05:21:24 PM »

Woot woot!  Sending my info now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009 05:54:00 PM »

the time has arrived! sent me info in. teehee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009 08:19:02 PM »

Okay, I tried to update everyone's profile but had trouble with missnihkii's - for some reason it doesn't show up.  I've put in a help desk question.

We do have a few people who don't want to send out of the country, so if we get anyone from Mexico or Canada people who don't want to send out of their own country may not do as many exchanges.  Does that make sense?

I'm jazzed about starting on these this weekend.

fusbdgt - looks like you've fulfilled your obligation part of at least one of your swaps, you may be able to get the mod to put in your feedback for you in time to join this one
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009 08:39:32 PM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
missnihkii

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009 08:46:37 PM »

i can try to sendout of country.. how much more does it cost? and it is harder to do? thanks.. and sorry youre having difficulties! was it just the email problem?i pmed ya back..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
fusbdgt
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009 08:49:48 PM »

yeah, I was thinking about that, I was in the stocking swap and both my package and her package have not arrived, (they were international) and it's been almost 3 months, I'm thinking that they got lost Cry  where does all the lost mail go exactly I mean it just blows my mind especially parcels, at least with an envelope i can see it having gotten eaten by a machine or something  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009 04:15:02 AM »

just stopping by because I was looking at the swap and thought I would open my big mouth about the postal thing - depending on where you are sending, there are some really serious postal delays going on in different places and it seems very random as to who it is affecting but there are some patterns

Canada had been having a postal clerk strike - so if you had mail going through a postal center that was getting picketed a lot that was not going through because the carriers would not cross the picket lines, I don't know if that is over yet or not

in the USA, customs is causing big delays in package delivery - especially any packages coming in on the east coast. First due to holidays and increase in packages due to that, then possibly due to the inauguration - and on the west coast there was some issues with bomb threats (in particular, I am aware of one in WA state just before Christmas) and some packages (especially smaller ones in white boxes similar to the priority packaging) were destroyed in the attempt to ascertain if the threat was real and I don't know if there was further attempt to deliver the damaged packages or not.

also there was a huge delay in delivery for many packages going from the west coast to the midwest due to weather problems from early January to current - and again very random and apparently depends a lot on which sorting stations it is being routed through - I got a package that was sent before I sent mine out almost 5 weeks after the one I sent was delivered and that was within the USA

I am cautioning anyone in the swaps I am organizing to not panic - though three months does seem extreme.

I also suggest that when you write up the address you make sure to ask the person you are sending to for a copy of the address exactly as it should go on the package as some locations have ways of putting the address on that are a bit different from what one is used to - and also to put a copy of the address inside the package in a clear waterproof baggie of some sort which is something my mother (who works for her tiny post office part time) suggests one always do. I tend to forget to do that myself, but have been trying to remember of late!

Please excuse me for tramping all over your swap!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
missnihkii

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009 01:21:41 PM »

thats some good advice!! everyones going on strike now.. but i dont blame any of the unions really...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...