A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
288 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: apron looking shirt with tutorial  (Read 24904 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

isaacs_dinosaur
« on: March 17, 2005 05:50:03 PM »

yesss! this is my first post of something i have made! i really wanted to make a cute sundress for this summer but ended up making a shirt instead:

i hope you guys like it!

how i made it:
i used the bodice part of mccall's pattern 3563. then i added about 2.5 inches of the polka dot fabric to the bottom. the pattern called for a zipper in the back but i put one on the side instead. for the rest of the shirt i cut 2 piece of fabric 45 inches wide and 20 inches long. then i cut 4 more pieces of fabric 5 inches wide and 20 inches long to add to the 45 piece to make it big. then i sewed all of those together and gathered them and attached them to the bodice. after that i cut out my straps, 4 straps that were 1.5 inches wide and 23 inches long. i sewed those together and attached them to the top of the bodice. the last thing i did was add the pockets. i cut 2 pockets 7 inches wide and 7.5 inches long. on the pockets i also put some of the stripy fabric for a little detail. i hope that made sense. if not, i found a pattern similar to my shirt. it's mccall's 4453 and all you would have to do is add pockets!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005 09:33:38 AM by isaacs_dinosaur » THIS ROCKS   Logged

and if i could reverse it, i don't think that it'd be worth it because i know in my heart i would never let you tumble to the ground
stunnedbannana
I love mixed media and all things vintage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005 06:14:43 PM »

Hi thats really cute. is there any chance you could give a quick explanation of how you made it  or what pattern you used. its really cute and something i would totally wear. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYdani
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005 06:57:31 PM »

Yes that's really cute. I love summer tops.  where did you find that stripey fabric? It looks really lightweight... I'm obsessed with summery clothes but I can never seem to find the perfect fabric.  Anyway great job!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenbyQuinn
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005 04:33:59 AM »

Awww, I would wear it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

------Quinn
QueenByQuinn.com-Enter into a kingdom of regal handmade clothes designed by Quinn! Creative tops, skirts, and dresses!
rangerbeth
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005 11:03:12 AM »

Whoa, great job! You really know how to put cool colors/patterns together! It looks super comfy.  What does the back look like? I know that I say this EVERY time, but is a tutorial possible? Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audreyjane
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005 11:50:46 AM »

Very cute! I love that stripey fabric, where'd you find it? I've been looking for something like that for a dress I want to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroovaMama
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005 05:14:46 PM »

that is so amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Treasure Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005 05:47:31 PM »

So cute!  I bet you look awesome in it.

A tutorial would be awesome... I love that style of shirt, but I couldn't make something like that up without some kind of guidance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueEyedMary
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005 09:45:58 PM »

ahh yes i too will harass for a tutorial because this is mondo cute and i want one for summer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime, remembering when you were mine in a still suburban town...
isaacs_dinosaur
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005 09:35:29 AM »

Yes that's really cute. I love summer tops.  where did you find that stripey fabric? It looks really lightweight... I'm obsessed with summery clothes but I can never seem to find the perfect fabric.  Anyway great job!  Smiley

i actually found the fabric in my box, but i think i got it at joann's last year. it's kind of a searsucker type fabric. i think they actually have some more of that this year in the shirtings section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and if i could reverse it, i don't think that it'd be worth it because i know in my heart i would never let you tumble to the ground
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Guy Attempts to Follow a Glitter Eyeshadow Tutorial
7 Important Beauty Tips for Summer
Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid Unboxing!
Brazil Flag Nail Art Tutorial
Easy Makeup Tricks for Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...