A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: apron looking shirt with tutorial  (Read 25742 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

isaacs_dinosaur
« on: March 17, 2005 05:50:03 PM »

yesss! this is my first post of something i have made! i really wanted to make a cute sundress for this summer but ended up making a shirt instead:

i hope you guys like it!

how i made it:
i used the bodice part of mccall's pattern 3563. then i added about 2.5 inches of the polka dot fabric to the bottom. the pattern called for a zipper in the back but i put one on the side instead. for the rest of the shirt i cut 2 piece of fabric 45 inches wide and 20 inches long. then i cut 4 more pieces of fabric 5 inches wide and 20 inches long to add to the 45 piece to make it big. then i sewed all of those together and gathered them and attached them to the bodice. after that i cut out my straps, 4 straps that were 1.5 inches wide and 23 inches long. i sewed those together and attached them to the top of the bodice. the last thing i did was add the pockets. i cut 2 pockets 7 inches wide and 7.5 inches long. on the pockets i also put some of the stripy fabric for a little detail. i hope that made sense. if not, i found a pattern similar to my shirt. it's mccall's 4453 and all you would have to do is add pockets!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005 09:33:38 AM by isaacs_dinosaur » THIS ROCKS   Logged

and if i could reverse it, i don't think that it'd be worth it because i know in my heart i would never let you tumble to the ground
stunnedbannana
I love mixed media and all things vintage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005 06:14:43 PM »

Hi thats really cute. is there any chance you could give a quick explanation of how you made it  or what pattern you used. its really cute and something i would totally wear. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYdani
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005 06:57:31 PM »

Yes that's really cute. I love summer tops.  where did you find that stripey fabric? It looks really lightweight... I'm obsessed with summery clothes but I can never seem to find the perfect fabric.  Anyway great job!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenbyQuinn
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005 04:33:59 AM »

Awww, I would wear it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

------Quinn
QueenByQuinn.com-Enter into a kingdom of regal handmade clothes designed by Quinn! Creative tops, skirts, and dresses!
rangerbeth
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005 11:03:12 AM »

Whoa, great job! You really know how to put cool colors/patterns together! It looks super comfy.  What does the back look like? I know that I say this EVERY time, but is a tutorial possible? Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audreyjane
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005 11:50:46 AM »

Very cute! I love that stripey fabric, where'd you find it? I've been looking for something like that for a dress I want to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GroovaMama
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005 05:14:46 PM »

that is so amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Treasure Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005 05:47:31 PM »

So cute!  I bet you look awesome in it.

A tutorial would be awesome... I love that style of shirt, but I couldn't make something like that up without some kind of guidance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueEyedMary
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005 09:45:58 PM »

ahh yes i too will harass for a tutorial because this is mondo cute and i want one for summer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime, remembering when you were mine in a still suburban town...
isaacs_dinosaur
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005 09:35:29 AM »

Yes that's really cute. I love summer tops.  where did you find that stripey fabric? It looks really lightweight... I'm obsessed with summery clothes but I can never seem to find the perfect fabric.  Anyway great job!  Smiley

i actually found the fabric in my box, but i think i got it at joann's last year. it's kind of a searsucker type fabric. i think they actually have some more of that this year in the shirtings section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and if i could reverse it, i don't think that it'd be worth it because i know in my heart i would never let you tumble to the ground
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Most of Your Interactions
Sleeping in Eden by Nicole Baart
The Offering by Angela Hunt
God Save the Queen… Or We Will!
Emerald Mile by Kevin Fedarko
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...