A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Oh, The Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss nursery mural  (Read 15821 times)
Tags for this thread: dr_seuss , nursery , doctor_seuss  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

manderines
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009 12:20:08 AM »

C & C welcome! Also, any ideas for the "big boy" room?? Hubby doesn't want another Seuss room Sad

where the wild things are?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009 08:22:13 AM »

Oh, I love it!! Dr Seuss is such a great theme for a baby room... well any room really  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009 02:55:02 PM »

I really like the seuss room!  Grin
For a big boy room, I would find another illustrator that you like.
Eric Carle is always a good one, but not necessarily for older kids, just depends on what book you pick
Caldecott winners or honor books have won specifically for the illustrations. Zen Shorts and Zen Ties have beautiful illustrations, very peaceful for little kids Grin maybe it would have a calming effect.

Where the Wild Things Are would be a great one to do, I couldn't get the picture for that one to upload. The only thing is it could be scary for little people to have a monster on their wall.

I painted my boys room with stars and a space ship. Then I used those glow in the dark stars on the wall to add some more dimension. Mine was kind of a rush job trying to finish before the new baby arrived.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
omnipotentpov
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009 04:07:02 PM »

another post from me Smiley I asked my son who is now 11 what his ideas would be for a theme room for a young boy...these arent MY ideas, BUT my sons  Cool!! Here are his ideas =

Space theme - stars, planets, aliens and such
Star Wars theme - either new star wars or the old school
A historical period - Like ancient Greece (he just studied ancient Greece so he is really digging this theme, which might be better for an "older" child. Medieval is also a fun suggestion (my idea) include a dragon and some knights...be careful it doesn't end up tooo princess like.
A science theme - make him brainy with loads of cool science type things (LOL, I would have given an example but he couldnt think of one)
Math theme - lots of math formulas
Robot theme - all silver and with flashing buttons, could be the cool old 50s style or something more modern.
The World - get one of those huge whole wall maps and cover an entire wall in a world map, it makes for endless hours of learning about the world we live in.
Jungle theme - exotic trees, monkeys and parrots

of course there are all the "lame" normal commercial ideas as well like - race car, trains, army, cowboys and Indians, and superheros. Personally I find some of those kinda offensive and pigeonholing as far as what boys are "suppose" to like and what they aren't...but that's just my opinion on it and its certainly not my room.

Best of luck Smiley This is fun!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
scabsitch
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009 06:33:54 PM »

Oh... I have a room-theme suggestion... Before we lived in an unpaintable apartment, I had my room painted a couple of shades of dark blue kind of sponge painted together, with bright yellow stars everywhere. I had the sun (with a face!), the moon (also with a face), Saturn, the Milky Way, Earth, a spaceship... all of my favorite constellations, and a toooonnnn of fun painting all of it!! It sounds like it would be really dark, but the blue was just a background, the stars were actually really thick. Something like that could be really cool, you could all do it together, make up a story about the things in the sky, depending on how big the big boy is, he could even help!! even little x's are stars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009 11:02:13 PM »

This is so COOL! And super sweet that your husband wanted to do it himself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Caramelised Bananas With Butterscotch Rum Sauce
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
How to Make a Gooseberry and Elderflower Fool
Gâteau Millasson
How to Upgrade Your Chocolate Cake Box Mix
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...