A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,584
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk Rock Backpack  (Read 14556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004 11:43:52 AM »

I thought i did twist it... When you say twist it, you mean just twist the 2 colors of yarn around eachother, right?

I think that's what i am doing  Sad

Illanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Princess Dukki
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004 12:19:01 PM »

Hrm.  Well, all I can think of is that maybe you're not pulling the loops tight enough?  I found that it looked better if I went through each row after I knitted it to pull the color-change loops tight, and I held them tighter than usual as I was knitting them too.  I could be totally off, because this was my first intarsia experience (my first knitting project whatsoever, actually) so feel free to ignore what I have to say.  Maybe someone with more experience could help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What was that for?! Chickens are not your brethren!
tishlu
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004 06:39:45 AM »

Hey, about the question for what to put in the bottom to stiffen the bag...try plastic needlepoint canvas.  It's really cheap and sturdy, but flexible, and will hold up! 

Loved all the bags!  I've wanted to make this backpack for a while, but I'm a project whore and won't let myself start until I finish a couple of other things :-)

Lulu
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004 08:33:18 PM »

I figured out what was wrong with my intarsia.... I was using size 9 instead of size 6 needles. i had them upside down the whole time Sad

I am going to try again sometime.... I got very fed up.... thanks for all your help!

Illanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamal
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004 01:47:07 PM »

Oooo that backpack is so cute!  About how long did it take to make?  I wanted to make one for my friends birthday (which is a little over a month away) and I was wondering if I had enough time to make it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Princess Dukki
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2004 11:25:07 PM »

I finished mine in about two weeks, but I took a break for several days, and I had to re-do the intarsia (which I had been working on for 2 days and was only halfway on at the time), so it probably would have only taken me a week normally.  You should have plenty of time, if you have enough free time on your hands (I worked at it for about 4 hours a day, but I'm a beginner knitter, so I was going pretty slow).

Hope that helps... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What was that for?! Chickens are not your brethren!
Mackster
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2004 10:37:18 AM »

Hey guys/gals!

I've been watching this forum for quite awhile now, but I finally decided to say hi! I'm totally loving the Stich and Bitch book and can't wait for number 2.

Im currently working on the punk rock backpack. I just finished the gusset that I started a few weeks ago, and now I think I'll do either the back or the straps. I'm using a funky turquoise acrilyc for the MC, and I'm still not sure what to put on the front for the picture. I want something simple and cute like the monkey and bunny, but I'd like to create my own design, so I'm saving the front for last.

It's a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004 01:27:04 AM »

oo ive done the fornt of mine, and im working on the straps - double knitting just because I wanted to try it out Smiley Mine has gir from invader zim on the front Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
Mackster
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2004 07:43:10 AM »

Gir? Wow, awesome idea! I won't steal it though - like I said, I'm going for something similar to the monkey and bunny - maybe a pig, because I love pigs.  Cheesy You'll have to post pics when you're finished!

Finishes the upper front - now I'll work on the back, then the straps, then finally, the front!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lekaiya
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2004 10:11:06 PM »

oo ive done the fornt of mine, and im working on the straps - double knitting just because I wanted to try it out Smiley Mine has gir from invader zim on the front Smiley
Could you PLEASE post a chart or something? I'd LOVE to make one with Gir on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Keep Calm and Bake: Vanilla Doughnuts Recipe
Thin Mint Ice Cream Recipe
Peanut-Butter Granola Bars
Strawberry Sundae Puffs With Chocolate Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...