A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue 7571- I'm in love.  (Read 22752 times)
Tags for this thread: vogue_7571  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2005 07:58:10 AM »

Era Vera,
check out the invisible zippers at your friendly local fabric store. It installs a little differently from a normal zipper and uses a special presser foot on your sewing machine, but instead of a visible zipper where your zipper is, it just DISAPPEARS into the seam! (I love 'em, but use them only in places where the zippers won't have a lot of stress on them,...sheathes, etc)

Certainly don't feel stupid! If you live long enough you'll see all kinds of "NEW and IMPROVED" stuff, and it's hard to get it all in one gulp! Hopefully, we learn something new everyday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
educo
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2005 08:20:25 AM »

Yeah, invisible zippers are set into an open seam, so when you zip it up, the seam closes along with the zipper, so all you see is the seam, NOT the zipper.  There is more work involved into setting a zipper like this,(like basting before sewing, another presser foot, etc), but the result is so worth it.  It's a beautiful clean finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005 07:01:03 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys! This is why I love craftster, always oppertunities to learn something new!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
DaisyMae
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005 02:52:45 PM »

MindWhore-  Your dress turned out absolutely beautiful!!!  I was considering this pattern yesterday, but since it didn't have any real model pics in the book, & Vogue patterns being so expensive, I chickened out.  Now that I've seen your wonderful real-life results, I'm gonna give it a try on my next fabric store trip.  Again, nice job, it turned out great!  :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jettetheimpala
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2005 03:47:30 AM »

Wow, that turned out beautifully. I agree that it's gorgeously 1920s. I'm tempted to try, although lace frightens me. I still haven't graduated from stitching stuff out of bedsheets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the little fish have fun in the sea... http://www.quicklittlesplinter.com
britknit
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005 11:55:31 AM »

MindWhore-  Your dress turned out absolutely beautiful!!!  I was considering this pattern yesterday, but since it didn't have any real model pics in the book, & Vogue patterns being so expensive, I chickened out.  Now that I've seen your wonderful real-life results, I'm gonna give it a try on my next fabric store trip.  Again, nice job, it turned out great!  :0)

I have seen a picture of one of the shorter versions made up in the June/July 2002 British "Vogue Patterns" magazine.  Ever since I have been hoping I could develop the skills to make it!  I love this pattern and I love your dress, you look wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like work; it fascinates me.  I can sit and look at it for hours. - Jerome K. Jerome
Krista_for_the_masses
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005 07:50:22 AM »

Dude, I just bought that pattern, and haven't started making it yet.  How did it go for you?  Anything I should know before I start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--- I'm never going to be famous.  My name will never be writ large on the list of "those who do things," I don't do anything.  Not one single thing.  I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that anymore ---
seizure
zombie a go go!

your words are cancer in my mouth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005 02:22:59 PM »

holy cow, it looks gorgeous!

where did you get this pattern?! i've been looking for something like it everywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theherocomplex.typepad.com : Knitting and Novel Writing -- what else matters?
Knit_Dork24

Do you feel crafty? Well, do ya... punk?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005 06:47:48 AM »

This is funny. I bought this pattern last fall in hopes of making it my wedding dress. Unfortunately, I didn't buy the right size. The slip fit nicely and I was encouraged, but then I got to the lace and it went down hill from there. I ended up ditching the project completely and buying a dress on clearance at Kaufman's (local dept. store).  Tongue

But... your dress looks gorgeous. Great job! I hope you had a great time at your prom. (making everybody jealous with your totally unique gown, I'm sure) Wink

I thought this pattern was great, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. It's a lot of work, though. And the lace requires some patience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blondes here don't jump out of cakes

http://eat-sleep-knit.blogspot.com
polkadotgraffiti
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2005 09:48:47 PM »

wow, that dress looks awsome! I am going to make it .... someday! I have so much i want to d I tried to make it for the store i work at but they didnt carry the lace I wanted but yours looks awsome! congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Trick To Applying Red and Nude Lipstick.
The Ultimate Guide to Self Tanners
Get Glam With Gretchen: How to Get Long-Lasting Lipstick
Stylish Surprise Makeover for a Busy Mom of Two
Peggy Fleming Brought Classic Glamour To The Winter Olympics
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...