A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 316,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discworld - Hub to Rim! Gallery  (Read 9077 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009 06:13:10 AM »

Those ant tubes are fantastic! Great idea!
And Greebo is really creepy. Thanks for the link. I have always wanted to make something with LED, maybe now I'll try...
I am jealous of your towel Smiley I have found a different seamstresses coat of arms on craftster, but without a motto. That motto made me smile Smiley A lot Smiley  CrisSews, where did you find it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
causticmuse
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009 07:58:28 AM »

I am jealous of your towel Smiley I have found a different seamstresses coat of arms on craftster, but without a motto. That motto made me smile Smiley A lot Smiley  CrisSews, where did you find it?

Discworld artist Paul Kidby has a series of t-shirt designs for the Guild of Seamstresses in his online shop that feature that motto and two others that are equally amusing.

http://www.paulkidby.com/tshirts/seamstress-1.htm

He also has some Pink PussyCat Club (Ankh Morpork) t-shirts with "Staff" or "Bouncer" on the back!

http://www.paulkidby.com/tshirts/pussycat-1.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maggie Wang ~ Blog ~ Illustrations ~ Dolls ~ Artfire Shop
ChrisSews
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009 09:39:47 AM »

I used the motto from Paul Kidby site and tried to follow that overall look and feel as causticmuse mentioned she liked them.  The hard part was deciding which of the amusing moto to use.

I took the coat of arms (which I found here http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Seamstresses'_Guild and changed the colors to match the pink and black theme I was going for. 

Ruby let me know if you do decide you want to make some LED stuff.  I only found a couple of places that sell the conductive thread and the smallest spool has something like 200 yards.  Since an ornament take at most 1/2 a yard....I have more than I'll ever use.  I can easily send you off a bobbin full.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009 09:15:21 AM »

Oh no, those links are just too good... I know why I didn't start any internet searches for discworld references, I would have been glued to the screen forever Smiley Smiley
Oh, that conductive thread... that's really tempting... I am a crazy mutant hamster who keeps everything for the future project when she will need it Smiley such a little bobbin of thread will hardly take space at all... I'll PM you!
Meanwhile soxymoron and I are getting the punishment for sending last: having to wait longest, aaargh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009 01:58:11 PM »

Ha ha, waiting is the pits, but I'm sure it'll be worth it! Can't wait to seeeeeee... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piaochong
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009 02:11:52 AM »

sigh* i would love to do a round two now- i have so many different ideas than what was running through my heat frazzled mind now! ahh well Smiley we will see how it all turns out! i just bought 'the folklore of discworld', so if there is a round two it will be uber fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piaochong
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009 03:31:52 AM »

well i am blown away with the awesome awesome package i recieved this morning from mstelena!!
she really went above and beyond the call of duty for this package. all of it is beautiful!

firstly two gorgeous bookmarks, with a vampire on one and nanny ogg and greebo on the other awwww

a beautiful chocolate coloured lip balm cozy, and a hedgehog hehehe

a gorgeous string bag! i don't have one of these- and it would be perfect for hanging things in Smiley

now the final and most wondrous thing!

a quote cross stitch! by one of my favourite witches nanny!

Wow wow wow wow! thank you so much for all the wonderful effort you have put in!
I absolutely love love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009 04:07:14 AM »

Wow, great package! I like everything, but the stitched phrase just blows me away! Great quote, and so beautifully made. I love the colors and how the shades of blue work together. Btw, I always wondered how that quote is being pronounced in English Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lylanni
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009 04:16:48 AM »

Awesome package!  That hedgehog is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

causticmuse
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009 09:29:02 AM »

I love the hedgehog and the needlework! So many amazing items in that package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maggie Wang ~ Blog ~ Illustrations ~ Dolls ~ Artfire Shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...