i made these for sweets4ever
and for knitting_nyxxie
. jean had a baby in november, camden, and nyx is due to have anne marie in february (or sooner!). i did all of the hand embroidery back in november while i was visiting family, and then stitched i them together in mid december. these are all the patterns i did from doodle stitching by aimee ray.
here are the bibs for anne marie and nyx.
they're pink twil, and they're all backed with the same striped flanellette.
most of hers ended up being sublime stitching, so i've posted them here instead
, but this one was a doodle stitching pattern -
this one is actually the design for a stuffy, one of the felt forest creatures. the pattern called for french knot, applique, split stitch, straight stitch, satin stitch and split stitch. i skipped the french knot in the eye, did back stitch to outline the inside instead of applique, did split stitch for the outer outline, did chain stitch for the wings instead of the straight stitch, followed the pattern for the stems, with the split stitch, and did french knots instead of satin stitch for the flowers.
the hand embroidered bibs for camden and jean
the two brown bibs are ultrasuede backed with solid brown cotton, and the two blue are twill backed with solid blue flannelette. i couldn't find a brown flannelette to match, unfortunately.
the red koi
this pattern was for the zen lampshade. the pattern calls for the thicker lines being stitched with 6 strands, and the thinner with 3. the stitches in the pattern were split stitch, lazy daisy, scallop stitch, straight stitch, french knot and satin stitch. i did mine all with 3 strands, because i hate the look of 6 strands, so i used chain stitch for the thicker lines, and back stitch for the thinner, and that gave the same effect without looking sloppy. i wanted to do them entirely in one colour, so i didn't do the white french knot, though i did use satin stitch for the eyes.
the orange koi
stitched the same as the red koi. these took FOREVER, i made my stitches way too tiny!
again one of the felt forest creatures. again, i deviated from the pattern, partly just to add interest for myself since i stitched this in pink as well! i skipped the french knot in the eyes again, though stuck with the satin stitching for the eyes and beak. i did chain stitch instead of split stitch for the outer outline, and chain stitch instead of applique for the inner outline. i continued the chain stitch instead of split stitch for the wing outline, and then followed the pattern with straight stitch inside them. the flowers were satin stitch as instructed, but the stems were back stitch instead of split stitch.
the drum set was sublime stitching, so i posted that elsewhere
i also did a set of machine embroidered bibs for camden, but they're posted
on the machine embroidery board.
and this was my big project for camden, and i LOVE the end result so much!
it's the sweet dreams baby pillow showing the bunny in the full moon, but i changed the colours up to match camden's room better.
the stitches used were satin stitch, split stitch, couching, chain stitch, french knots, back stitch and stem stitch. the pattern only called for chain stitch, straight stitch, satin stitch and split stitch, but i switched them up a bit to add interest, both for me while stitching, and for the finished project! the length of the straight stitches in the sample concerned me a bit too, i could see little baby fingers getting stuck in them, so they got switched to couching on the stars (my first attempt at couching) and stem stitch in the outer reflections of the moon.
i love the backing fabric, it just matched so perfectly, and it's such a fabulous quality flannelette! SOOO soft for baby!
i hope you like everything! comment AND criticisms are welcome!