A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need baby clothes quilt opinion - Picture of layout included  (Read 531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2009 06:03:14 PM »

Ok so here's my thrown together layout of the quilt I'm making out of my son's baby clothes. (Sorry for the tilted picture...the layout is 4' by 6' and that's the most straight on I could get).

Anyway, you can see the stripes of just blue and just green going diaganal, and I'm wondeirng if I should add in bright yellow and red squares so one diaganal stripe is blue-red-blue-red, and the other is yellow-green-yellow-green?  It would make for more bright colors. 

On the other hand, I could just make this quilt as a mostly blue/green quilt.  Does that look too washed out?

A third option would be to do a 1 inch border in red, and then the 3" fuzzy blue border I was going to do, and then a satin binding in green.

Any opinions?  What would you do?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LibbyK

Eres la fea mas bella y no te has dado cuenta...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009 06:58:51 PM »

Personally I like the blue & green thing you have going on.  You could add some yellow, but for me personally red would interrupt the relaxing feel I get from looking at this (and it's looking very nice btw).  But maybe "relaxing" isn't what you're going for.

As for the borders, I would say sew together the top first and then "audition" the fabric by laying it out and seeing what works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://quiltster.blogspot.com

If you are working on (or thinking about starting) a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" squares, I have scraps and squares to give away.  PM me if you're interested.
bridgeywidgey
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009 08:17:38 PM »

I like the colours you have, its muted and looks relaxed.  I think reds and yellows might stand out.  And I second the suggestion that you piece the top first and then decide on the borders.

I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemmy
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009 03:49:27 AM »

I agree with the previous posters. I think the quilt is beautiful just as it is. It's soothing but not boring. I see a little red in the plaid and I like that. More red would shout "look at me!"  Smiley I hope you show it to us when it's finished. I love quilts made from old clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Rock The Sheer Runway Look
Sarah Jessica Parker Mixes Prints Like a Pro With Checks and Polka Dots
Street Chic: Winter 2013 London Fashion Trends
Oscar Party Fashion: Jennifer Lawrence and Nina Dobrev Celebrate in Style
2013 Oscars Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...