A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My FAVORITE Actor OR Singer ALTOIDS TIN + a goodie SWAP  (Read 9830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009 11:12:31 AM »

wow! this sounds like a great idea! one thing before i sign up though,
im in the UK. Is an altoids tin just any metal tin that is the size that you gave?
Sorry, I know someone already asked this question, but I have never seen them  before, but Ive googled it and had a look, but wasnt sure if I had to get a particular brand, or just any.
Sorry, hope that hasnt confused you!

Altoids is a brand of breath mints in the USA...IN the UK they are called Marks and Spencers Curiously strong mints.....they are small tins
They're approx.  9.5 cm x 6 cm x 2 cm/  But to answer the question....You can use any tin that is in the size of an Altoids tin....

FOOD FOR THOUGHT GIRLS OUT OF THE USA.....WHen you do swaps with American girls...LOL...Ask them to toss in some altoids even just the empty tins LOL you will be shocked at how many will send them to you....Tooooo much fun to alter them...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
purple_girl
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009 12:27:30 PM »

oh, ok, cool, thanks for explaining!
yey! i will send my questionnaire answers then Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purple_girl
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009 12:49:47 PM »

think i sent it!
can you let me know if you didnt receive it please! im not too great at pm'ing, i havent done it for a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babalina58

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009 01:57:55 PM »

Welcome to the swap Purple_girl.......I got it and you are in ...check it in your feedback....Pink huh purple...no pot roast LOL...Welcome...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009 01:28:33 PM »

I think it is funny to see the Questionairs...We are all so very different in what we want....LOL...

Can't speak for anyone else, but I think my celebrity crushes are a bit ....  odd lol  My husband swears I'm bizarre.  He says I have "scrawny white boy syndrome" which worked out well for him since he fits that description lol  I picked two of my more normal celebrity loves for my questionnaire.  I thought about picking a third, but anyone one I could think of seemed like it might be weird to work an Altoids's tin around lol

I'm totally looking forward to seeing who everyone else picks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
saltypear

This is the story of your red right ankle...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009 02:47:49 PM »

wow! this sounds like a great idea! one thing before i sign up though,
im in the UK. Is an altoids tin just any metal tin that is the size that you gave?
Sorry, I know someone already asked this question, but I have never seen them  before, but Ive googled it and had a look, but wasnt sure if I had to get a particular brand, or just any.
Sorry, hope that hasnt confused you!

I'm in the UK too, and I only recently discovered them lurking in waitrose with the chewing gum and things like that. Wish you luck in finding one  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder if it's possible to have a love affair that lasts forever." - Andy Warhol
MaxParadise
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009 07:44:52 PM »

hmm...this sounds really fun! i haven't swapped in FOREVER. (school get's in the way of all the good stuff!) but this sounds like just the thing to get me back into the swing of things. and it's pretty small, so it won't take up too much time. i think i may be in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
babalina58

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009 05:43:16 AM »

OK...For all the guys and gals overseas....Altoids is a brand...it is breath mints in the USA but they are sold under different names in the UK and other countries...It is not the Altoids you will need but a tin that is the same size...You need to find one and alter it inside and out all about the Actor or singer YOUR PARTNER CHOOSES...

Lets say your partner picks John Lennon....YOu would alter a tin all about John, fill it with items all abot john and make one items that will not fit in the tin to go along with BUT AGAIN this must be all about John....

Simple swap but really fun....

Think out of the box on this one...I am really getting excited....

Extra item can be anything...Make a pillow, a pillow case, a bag, a tee, earrings,necklace, a nightlight, a planter, an embroidered tea towel, a small painting, the sky is wide open....You do not have to make the item from scrach you can buy a pillowcase and alter it Or buy a tote  and alter it...Hope this is 100% clear now....LETS GET TO CRAFTING Yeppie I cant wait for partners!!!

I have to say I am a little SHOCKED that there has not been someone who has Marilyn Monroe,Beatles, Elvis Or the Harry Potter kid LOL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladypenelope
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009 07:42:11 AM »

I wanna do this! I'm a newbie swapper and this seems like a nice not-too-terrifying way to get my feet wet in the world of swapping. Just PMed over my form, hope it's all ok.

By the way, I'm in the UK and just managed to find Altoids in Morrisons if any of you UK swappers are having trouble finding a suitable tin. It's not a big Morrisons here either, so I would imagine most would have them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No one's gonna take me alive.
Time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights.
You and I must fight to survive.
babalina58

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009 08:02:11 AM »

Welcome to the swap ...It will be a fun time...no worries..I am glad to see so many gals from overeseas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sewing Skirt Darts
Sewing an Invisible Zipper
How to Trace a Pattern Onto Fabric
How to Sew a Skirt Waist Band
How to Draft a Simple Skirt Pattern
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...