A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who installs shopping carts?  (Read 540 times)
Tags for this thread: shopping_carts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 22, 2009 12:43:35 AM »

I REALLY hope I'm not duplicating any topics here, but I've been through thread after thread for like an hour and a half trying to figure this out.

Does anyone install shopping carts and get them up and running--and that's it?

I tried to do it myself on my website and it's just *terrible.* Just..bad. I want to be able to upload and change graphics myself, and of course upload my own products. But I can't get the layout right.

The only information I've come across is webhosting, or who does websites, and I've looked into those and they all are just templates. I don't want templates--I just want someone to install the cart and reconfigure the layout. I love ZenCart, I'm just having problems with the technical aspect of how to do things...The classes I took had to do with graphic design, not coding Sad

Can anyone suggest someone who will install carts only, and customize the cart without customizing graphics?

Thank you--I appreciate the help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009 06:24:27 AM »

Can anyone suggest someone who will install carts only, and customize the cart without customizing graphics?

To be clear, are you looking for a software program like this or a person who can do it for you?  If you're looking for a person, people will need to PM you to offer their services instead of posting here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009 06:58:08 AM »

I'm looking for a service...  Like how Aeolida (I believe that's how it is spelled) creates entire websites, but someone who is willing to break it down and just install/tidy up the cart. I've been through the website services thread where Aeolida is mentioned, but I didn't find any services that offered only installing carts.

So either way--if someone has a website to point me to, or if they can do it and want to PM me, I'm flexible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Georgia_S
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009 08:53:00 PM »

Hi Titancia,

It's not difficult to get confused with all the shopping carts available online. I feel your confusion because at one point, I was confused myself.

The shopping cart I use (and its so easy, its unbelievable) is e-junkie.com.

You can sell digital and hardgoods through it. All you need to do is get an account with them and just follow some easy instructions. You get the code, put it on your website where you want (the code is just a little buy-now button) and you are off and running.

It doesn't get any easier than that.

Hope this helps Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Many Free Craft Patterns to choose from

Get a link back to  Your craft Stores
titancia

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009 09:51:46 PM »

Thank you for the recommendation! I've been trying to install a Zen Cart myself, and just have given up. I do have a question about it, though--can you limit the amount of times something can be purchased? Or is it like the PayPal cart, where it's kind of an endless amount, you can't limit it? Thank you for helping me! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Georgia_S
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009 03:36:15 AM »

Thank you for the recommendation! I've been trying to install a Zen Cart myself, and just have given up. I do have a question about it, though--can you limit the amount of times something can be purchased? Or is it like the PayPal cart, where it's kind of an endless amount, you can't limit it? Thank you for helping me! Smiley

With hardgoods, yes, you can limit the amount of items purchased. Since its hardgoods, its logical that you may have a set amount of items to sell.

With digital products (if you are selling those), then the amount of times someone buys doesn't matter, because you never run out of the digital item.

Hope this helps Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Many Free Craft Patterns to choose from

Get a link back to  Your craft Stores
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crème Caramel Recipe
How to Make Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge
How to Make Hen Party Cupcakes in a Jar Recipe
How to Make a Date Loaf
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...