A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Raleigh from Greenville  (Read 1357 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KnownEmma
« on: January 21, 2009 05:18:56 PM »

This summer I'm moving to Raleigh.  I'll be a nanny, going to school and getting Montessori school training.   I'm trying to get into all kinds of crafting, so far just the basics...Knitting, crochet, itsy bit of sewing.  I'm such a hip 23 year old. 

I would love to meet up with people if anyone already has a group going (even if it's just you  Smiley ) I have several visits to Raleigh planned, (the next one is on the 30th).  If you have/know of a group of people that hang out and craft I would love to meet some crafty friends. (they're hard to find in Greenville).

When I get settled, or even if there's still boxes, I would love to have some people over for tea/chocolate/coffee and crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ADDesigns
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010 11:30:15 AM »

Damn! just when I find someone who crafts in G-Vegas!  I sew, and crochet, I am hooked on bags right now, purses,messangers, laptop cases!  I am working on a line of handmade holiday stuff for the twisted mind!!!  I am going to try to organize an Indie Craft Fair here, but I have been here for 3 years and still have not met crafters other then the traditional quilting mavens (whom I love, don't get me wrong).  If you  know of others who may be interested drop me a line.

I am also hip.. but not 23.. I am 36 and have 3 kids, who love my stuff!

If you don't respond, good luck to you in Raleigh, there is an awesome underground craft community there, you will enjoy it!

Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
esmercer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010 01:52:16 PM »

I've just moved here as well & looking for a craft mafia in the area. I'm by Wake Forest & looking for any craft get togethers if anyone hears of one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Winnie the Pooh
Learn Classical Composition Through DVD Course
Linear Grayscale Painting
Plein-Air Landscape Painting Workshops
How to Draw Daffy Duck
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...