A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,251
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (Old Fashioned) Random Swap 2009 Gallery  (Read 9477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VeniceIsSinking
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009 07:23:56 PM »

AsphaltQueen sent me SO MUCH STUFF! I couldn't believe the size of the box. I would have taken a photo of it before it was all unwrapped, but my roomate and I were too anxious (at 10:30 am) to open it that I didn't bother.
Prepare yourself for a million photos.

LOOK AT THIS HAUL!

I said that I'd really like to learn how to knit. She put together an amazing learn-to-knit kit with yarn, patterns, a book, and box with all the things I need!

14 skeins of yarn!!! The white stuff is so soft and lovely. I rubbed it on my roomates face to prove this too her.

The book and binder of patterns! She even purchased the pattern for knit boots I had on my Wist so I could make them myself (hopefully)

Beautiful note cards and a scrabble note to me. I "oooooh!"-ed when I saw the cards. So pretty

BUT THERE'S STILL MORE!

An adorable crocheted octopus! Octopi are my absolute favorite.
The softest (CONVERTABLE!) mittens I have encountered. In love.
and socks with ALPACAS on them! WHAT? THAT'S AWESOME!

And SIX, yes... six! necklaces and 2 rings! Good Lord!

The octopus has watch cogs as suckers. That is awesome.
The tree necklace, though, is my favorite of the lot. I love green.
A jumbly green and blue necklace that is oh so lovely and will be worn a very great deal.
and a sparrow necklace with watch parts that is almost exactly the same as one in my wist. So pretty!

Another sparrow necklace that I absolutely adore.
A watch piece with golden wings!
You can't really make out the rings, but one is a teacup (awww!) and the one with the bird has a watch face as the background.

I was spoiled ROTTEN! and I love love love everything. I can't believe how wonderful everything is and how much work went into this.
AsphaltQueen you are my hero, and you have made everyone sufficiently jealous of your mad swapping skills! Thank you SO MUCH!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009 07:27:06 PM »

ohmygosh I want that entire swap package!!! I am so jealous!!! (not that my partners haven't been amazing and gracious)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009 07:31:55 PM »

Wow, AQ, you are the bomb.  That package rocks a llamas socks off...  Every single thing is so awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009 07:33:40 PM »

Oh my goodness, that package gives me swap anxiety and it wasn't even my partner  Cheesy  Awesome package AsphaltQueen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009 08:16:22 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything, VeniceIsSinking! I know you got flaked on in your first and only swap (and then got flaked on by your angel), so I took it upon myself to extra-spoil you this swap.  Wink

The alpaca goodies are from my trip to Peru. I forgot to mention it in the note, but if/when you wash those, make sure you handwash in cold water and dry flat.

And because I'm super-proud of the jewelry, here are some close-ups I took before I mailed all the goodies to you. (All of the images are clickable for those who want to see more detail.)

And my absolute fave that took forever to glue... (inspired by hoppy - you can see her original post here - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=269753.0 )

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009 08:19:24 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

VeniceIsSinking
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009 09:36:53 PM »

Thanks for posting the close-ups! I charged some batteries and took pictures in my pretty dark room because I was so anxious to get them up!

you are amazing and I am forever grateful! Thanks so much!

And oi! That octopus! when I first saw it I thought about your nerves of steel haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009 02:41:34 AM »

Wow,  here I am, late to the party as usual! Cheesy

superhooker - I love that elephant hat!

AsphaltQueen - socks with alpacas!?  Those are the cutest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009 06:52:05 AM »

Wow, that is a great package!  Smiley  I especially love the green and blue clustery necklace.  Smiley 

What an awesome haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009 10:08:32 AM »

i want that octopus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009 11:30:31 AM »

What terrific packages so far!

I am very thrilled to show off pictures of what rhymesworange sent me, as she totally spoiled me rotten!

Now as I've started to post, I realize I forgot to take a picture before I opened everything.  She had everything wrapped separately like its own holiday gift!  So, being (semi) well-behaved, I started with the smallest box first and worked my way up. Smiley

The first box was a complete surprise, but I am absolutely beaming with smiles and giggles over what she did!  She went through my blog (where I am certain I run on and on about my four-legged children!) and pulled pictures of each of them.  She then compiled them into a little album the highlights the best (and worst!) behaviors of my children and then made a charm bracelet from it!

The second box was housing this little gnome tape measurer! (Uhm, the tape measure comes from his rear Wink)

As my tape measurers often escape to the same hideaway that my US7 DPNs run off to, I have a feeling he will be harder to lose. Smiley

..now it's onto the big boxes!

I think I probably gasped when I opened the first big box.  I had an exquisite crocheted shrug on my Wists and rhymesworange completely duplicated it!

Every single detail is exactly perfect.  This shrug is really, really stunning.  It fits me perfectly, it's really warm and it's adorable!!!!

I hardly knew what to expect for the last box because really, she could have sent me a box of coal and I still would have been excited, but when I got a glimpse of what was in the remaining box...

!!!

This shawl is truly beyond words.  The color is perfect, the yarn is lovely (and feels so nice against the skin) and.. wow. 

I totally have pits in my stomach about my swap package as rhymesworange did such a phenomenal job. 

Thank you so much for spoiling me!!! (And for sharing your talents, too!)

(I think I'm going to pick up some knitting, make a cup of tea and sit on the couch in my shrug! Wink)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ciaté Puts the Polish on Last Minute Christmas Gifts
Indulging in Chocolate Without the Calories
Supermodels Reveal Beauty and Fitness Tips
Boost Your Hairdo With A Big Body Blowout
A Sweet and Shiny Hairstyle How-To
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...