A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,045
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (Old Fashioned) Random Swap 2009 Gallery  (Read 9078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 21, 2009 11:14:20 AM »

Post pics here!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009 02:43:12 PM »

These photos do not do justice to the wonderful package I just received from superhooker, but it's too dark outside to take photos there and I wanted to get them up tonight!

First of all, we have an adorable pencil case, a beautiful ceramic leaf pendant (from the Royal Oak Glass & Clay Festival), some very pretty felted beads, and a super-practical and much needed heat pack, which is filled with field corn from grandma superhooker's farm.  Wink

I can't wait to put the heat pack to use... you know I have back issues, and this is going to be FABULOUS.  Plus my feet are frequently freezing.  And I LOVE love love love love that tree fabric! 

The leaf pendant is so pretty, and I think I will incorporate it into a beaded project; I have some gemstones that would be a really nice background for it to stand out on.  Smiley  And I love the felted beads and the pencil case too!

That isn't all, folks.  Not even close.

Here's some homemade fudge (yum!), which superhooker even figured out the calorie count for (Thank you!! I've lost ~50 pounds and it's nice to know I can still keep losing and eat this delicious fudge while doing so!  Wink)!  Some recycled crayons, which Riley will love (and I kept smelling - yum, crayon smell), and the BEST PART OF THE PACKAGE, two magic wands that her son made.  Cheesy  I will use them any time I get stuck in traffic.  Wink  How sweet of him!  I will send him a thank you card with your package, superhooker!  What a sweetie pie.

Oh my god, mittens:

Don't think those need much of an explanation; it's pretty obvious how awesome they are.  GREEEEEN!  I love them so much, and they are deliciously comfy.

Crappy photo, but great hats:

I only wish that elephant were for me, but it's for my daughter.  100% alpaca, so so soft, and she loves it:

And I love my hat!  I didn't have a nice cozy hat, and this is perfect.  Thank you.  The colors are gorgeous, too.  The photo doesn't do them any favors, but trust me!  A nice solid brown and pretty heathered green.  And a HUGE pom-pom.  Smiley  I love it!

And last but most certainly not least, the tiny cottage! 

It's handsewn and needle felted, and so cute!  I love it, and it will make a magnificent (yes, I just used that word) to my tiny neighborhood.  Smiley

Thank you so much, superhooker!  You are FAB.

I'll be shipping out by the send date, but not much before it.  Wink  I can only pray you love your package as much as I love every bit of mine!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009 04:15:49 PM »

What a great package!  I think my favorite are the green mittens and that cutie with the elephant hat on. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009 04:22:16 PM »

Ohhh, pretty lovelies!

I'm really diggin' the tree fabric on the corn pack, that's awesome. The mittens look fabulous, kinda hippy-boho but just the right amount. The elephant hat is soooo adorable (and the kid ain't bad, either). Grin  And the house is just too cute. How big is it, Jenicat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009 04:24:13 PM »

It's about... 4 inches tall.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009 04:32:29 PM »

It's about... 4 inches tall.  Smiley

Holy crap! I can't even imagine the patience it took... nice work, Superhooker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009 05:57:57 PM »

oooh!  I'm so glad you like everything!!  I hope the mittens fit...I have tiny tiny hands, so I knitted until they fit me, and then added 2 more inches of length to them...They were so much fun!!!  Those are totally craftster mittens too...they contain handspun yarn from about 10 different craftster spinners.

I hope the wands work for you.  My mom says that they totally work on not wanting to do housework (just one swish, and you won't want to vaccuum anymore), but they do not work on bills. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009 06:39:14 PM »

I actually have tiny hands too (I wore a size 4.5 ring on my ring finger before I gained weight), so they are a bit large, but that's fine!  The only thing I'd normally do with mittens on would be driving, in which case it doesn't matter because I can still grip the wheel, and open the door, which is fine because it's one of the "knobs" that does this --, like more of a handle, instead of being round.  Smiley  I love them!  It's good that they're large, anyway, I can move my fingers in them.  But my hands get really cold when I'm driving, even if the heat is on in the car.  So they are perfect.  Smiley

My daughter and I played with the wands a lot earlier, actually.  We were turning daddy into a bunny, a puppy, and all sorts of things.  It actually worked; he started acting like a bunny when we turned him into one (the spell for that is "Abracadabra zing zang zunny, now we'll turn daddy into a bunny" by the way)... Wink  And it's so cute seeing a 2-year old running around waving a pipe cleaner wand, saying "abbacadaba!" and mumbling spells.  *sigh* So cute.

So they have already gotten much use.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009 06:40:34 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009 11:50:17 AM »

that hat is adorable (as well as the model)!!! I want one. Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009 07:11:23 PM »

I love the wands!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nutritious Food for Fabulous Hair
How to Get Loose Curls with a Flat Iron
Home Remedies For Hair
Modelinia Fashion Week TV Swim Edition: Episode 1
How to Style Your Hair Like a Movie Star
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...