A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Are there craft stores in Canada?  (Read 3750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Butterfliesflutterby
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009 09:22:17 PM »

Owen Sound has a yarn store on the Saugeen River by the library. I can't remember the name of it - it's fairly new. I never got to go there before I moved to BC.

There's also Creative Thoughts in Markdale, which is probably about an hour away from Kincardine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mykellm
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009 02:53:46 PM »

OK SO I just decided to get back into stamping. I have a great collection of rubber and foam stamps, now sadly alot of my ink dried up while i was not stamping. Does anyone know where there is a great store in toronto that doesn't need a car to get to . I live in the heart. LEWis craft is gone! michaels is in the burbs. all I want to do is make great cards for Halloween and christmas>  Huh help me obi wan kanboi! your may only hope
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009 03:23:35 PM »

I think Mary Maxim at the Yonge-Eglinton Centre has stamping stuff.  They're near HMV.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009 05:33:39 PM »

i get my ink at deserres on the danforth (get off at woodbine station, and walk west on danforth for about a minute - probably less). it's a bit pricey, but it's my go-to place for almost everything Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
jennique
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010 05:02:06 PM »

How is she doing in Kincardine? I know this thread is a little old but I live in Kincardine and I know people have listed most of the places you can find stuff but I thought I might add some suggestions in case she is still wondering.

There is a savation army in Port Elgin thats quite cheap so if she is looking to recycle fabrics and stuff that might be a good start. I always find patters, fabric, yarns and other crafting supplies there too.

What she should really check out is the local menonites. There is a fabric store just oustide of Tiverton on Highway 21 which is owned by menonites - they obviously have fabric related notions like buttons and zippers and such. She should go just to check out the AMAZING quilts they have for sale they are so beautiful. Also RIGHT past this store is uhh County Rd. 15 and if you go down it (like 2 minutes) there is a house (red I think) with more fabric for sale - also run by menonites.

Anyways I hope she is loving Kincardine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
CraftyLadyLiz
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010 10:51:27 AM »

If she ever wants to take a trip to St. Jacobs, down the street in Waterloo is a great bead store that I love, Bead Bazzar, 47 King St. N., Waterloo.  She makes great glass beads and has a great selection of beads, and findings.

I was in London recently and had trouble finding bead stores.  If anyone knows of one I would appreciate.  I love to drag my sister to stores like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizanne handcrafted treasures
www.elizanne.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Picking Tips
Different Types of Pumpkins
Easy Pumpkin Carving Tips
How to Make Decoupage Plates
How to Make a Plate
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...