A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,914
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Super Bowl is almost here!!! What are you cooking for the big game!?!?  (Read 1191 times)
Tags for this thread: grill , barbeque  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheFanatic
« on: January 21, 2009 07:52:28 AM »

I have already made one dish for the SB.  I made my chili on Monday because my wife was craving it.  The remainder is in the freezer to be thawed out on Super Bowl Sunday.

I documented the process with lots of pics here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheFanatic
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009 08:51:55 AM »

So no one is cooking anything for the SB?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009 03:02:02 PM »

Okay, so call me dumb, but is that this weekend? I don't keep up with NFL. Keeping up with the college stuff is enough for me.

However, I probably will cook. Last year my friend and I cooked while our SO's watched the game. We made chicken fingers, brats, and some kind of dessert. We rounded it out with the usual chips and salsa stuff.

I haven't planned much, but now that I think about it, I might make crab angels since everyone (besides me) likes them. And maybe spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips. Dessert too of course, but that's cause I love sweets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
TheFanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009 10:31:59 AM »

Okay, so call me dumb, but is that this weekend? I don't keep up with NFL. Keeping up with the college stuff is enough for me.

However, I probably will cook. Last year my friend and I cooked while our SO's watched the game. We made chicken fingers, brats, and some kind of dessert. We rounded it out with the usual chips and salsa stuff.

I haven't planned much, but now that I think about it, I might make crab angels since everyone (besides me) likes them. And maybe spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips. Dessert too of course, but that's cause I love sweets.

The SB is next weekend.  And what are Crab Angels?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009 10:33:53 AM »

the staples in our house is lil smokies and brauts..though I am thinking we may do ribs(I love ribs)..and the hubby is quite the BBQ'r..but maybe cheese steaks in honor of..or tex-mex..

I dunno..

I'd love to see what others are making..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
TheFanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009 10:52:36 AM »

the staples in our house is lil smokies and brauts..though I am thinking we may do ribs(I love ribs)..and the hubby is quite the BBQ'r..but maybe cheese steaks in honor of..or tex-mex..

I dunno..

I'd love to see what others are making..

I would love to make some ribs, but that depends on the weather here.  St. Louis can be 10 or 60 on SB Sunday
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009 10:57:26 AM »

seriously TheFanatic..the hubby doesnt care what the temp is..as long as it isnt raining though even that doesnt stop him sometimes..

he is a BBQ nut..being from TX though thats what I get right..

and for our anniversary he asked what I wanted for dinner..I said ribs and his eyes got wide..he was so happy to BBQ..

anywho,chili sounds good though thats more my department..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009 08:46:25 PM »

Crab angels are wontons with cream cheese/crab mixture in them. I think some people call them crab rangoon or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009 05:58:52 AM »

i've been planning my super bowl party for about a month now.  last year was my first time.  the boyfriend sprang it on me a week before.  lol.  we had only been going out for about 2 months at the time and it blew him away when i cooked.  he even helped cook, so he got bonus points with me too that day.

this year we're expecting 8-10 people.  we live in cleveland so we'll be rooting for the cardinals simply because they're not the steelers.  my parents said they'll cheer for the steelers, and i told them they can watch the game outside in the snow.

this year i'm making:
-sandwich bites on mini dinner rolls.  i'm doing roast beef and cheddar, turkey and pepper jack, and ham with pepperoni and provolone.
-chips and dip.  i'm doing onion dip, chili and cheese dip, and taco dip.  these will be served with ruffles, frito's, and tostito's.
-cheese platter.  this is a must with these guys.  i'm just cubing pepper jack and colby jack, and making a small cheese ball shaped like a football with bell pepper "lacing."
-boneless chicken wings.  not sure if i'm going the homemade route or just picking up a box of frozen.  most likely homemade cus it'll be cheaper.
-pizza bites.  soooo easy and delicious.  they're just garlic melba toasts topped with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and a pepperoni.
-cinnamon football cookies.  these were a HUGE hit last year.  i'm pretty much expected to make these for every football occasion.
-cupcakes.  i'm making these just to have some extra sweets for the ladies.  i'm decorating them with plastic football helmets and footballs from the baking supply store.  maybe i'll try piping team logos if i'm feeling extra crafty.

if anyone wants recipes, just PM me!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
TheFanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009 08:43:42 AM »

seriously TheFanatic..the hubby doesnt care what the temp is..as long as it isnt raining though even that doesnt stop him sometimes..

he is a BBQ nut..being from TX though thats what I get right..

and for our anniversary he asked what I wanted for dinner..I said ribs and his eyes got wide..he was so happy to BBQ..

anywho,chili sounds good though thats more my department..

I'm nutty like that as well.  Here was the temp Tuesday night when I was grilling a steak:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Lighten Your Hair Naturally
How to Make Your Own All Natural Hair Conditioner
How to Prevent Hair Breakage
How to Protect Your Hair from Chlorine and Saltwater
How to Prevent Static Cling in Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...