A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would you pay 3.00 or 2.50? (updated) Hows this website?  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Milfette
« on: January 12, 2010 08:06:29 AM »

hey everyone!

Long time lurker here needing some advice on pricing my cards. I have factored in my production costs already and think that i could sell my cards for $2 but almost everyone i talk to thinks i should sell for $3. i have made 101 so far and the next two weeks i wanna spend doing valentines type cards.

i do cut each card and envelope myself. some embellishments i purchase, some i make. I am a graphic designer with adhd by day so crafting when i get home just to get the last bit of energy out of me comes naturally AND scrap-ing is the only thing that doesn't activate my tendinitis but is the most expensive of my hobbies!

-------------------
Update

What do you think of this website? http://www.wix.com/Sharesies/Cards
etsy doenst seem to be the buisness model i like because it takes so much of my profit. This website would only cost me 15.90(19.90 after the first 6 months) or a year long package for 16.17, plus domain name.
Im a web designer by day, but doing it in my daily life is exausting so the simplicity of this site is killer to me. Has anyone here got any WIX experience?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010 07:44:27 PM by Milfette » THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakz0rz
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010 06:45:45 PM »

I would pay $3 easy, especially for the ones that are really embellished, like the BABY one.  Think about how much cards cost at the store, they're usually $2-3 and they're plain and nowhere near as beautiful as the ones you made.  If you made one that was really simple, or quick, you could keep it at $2, but I think $3 is a good price for the ones that have a lot more detail.  I hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samborina
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 07:51:30 AM »

I second that.  Any nice card you buy around here is $3-5 so I don't think your prices are too high.  I would buy them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Milfette
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010 02:32:59 PM »

Cheesy awesome+Thanks!!

Ive been lurking around here long enough that i actually really really REALLY value craftsters opinions ALOT

Now to figure out selling... I set up etsy but it seems to really really cut into the profit, but i know i have to pay to sell.

In the mean time i tried something new: what do you think of this site: http://sharesies.webs.com/

im a web designer by day but i dont wanna deal with that stuff too much at home but i really really like the way these sites work! The free version only lets me list products then they have tiered plans that lest you list 10, 30 and unlimited - which is $20 /mo.

im not sure which else to try right now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 02:37:28 PM by Milfette » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
DIY Toaster Pastry Recipe
How To Make The Spicy Brunch Dish Chilaquiles
Belgian Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
How to Make Baby Leek and Mushroom Quiche for Easter Brunch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...