A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
280 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Would you pay 3.00 or 2.50? (updated) Hows this website?  (Read 820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Milfette
« on: January 12, 2010 08:06:29 AM »

hey everyone!

Long time lurker here needing some advice on pricing my cards. I have factored in my production costs already and think that i could sell my cards for $2 but almost everyone i talk to thinks i should sell for $3. i have made 101 so far and the next two weeks i wanna spend doing valentines type cards.

i do cut each card and envelope myself. some embellishments i purchase, some i make. I am a graphic designer with adhd by day so crafting when i get home just to get the last bit of energy out of me comes naturally AND scrap-ing is the only thing that doesn't activate my tendinitis but is the most expensive of my hobbies!

-------------------
Update

What do you think of this website? http://www.wix.com/Sharesies/Cards
etsy doenst seem to be the buisness model i like because it takes so much of my profit. This website would only cost me 15.90(19.90 after the first 6 months) or a year long package for 16.17, plus domain name.
Im a web designer by day, but doing it in my daily life is exausting so the simplicity of this site is killer to me. Has anyone here got any WIX experience?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010 07:44:27 PM by Milfette » THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakz0rz
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010 06:45:45 PM »

I would pay $3 easy, especially for the ones that are really embellished, like the BABY one.  Think about how much cards cost at the store, they're usually $2-3 and they're plain and nowhere near as beautiful as the ones you made.  If you made one that was really simple, or quick, you could keep it at $2, but I think $3 is a good price for the ones that have a lot more detail.  I hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samborina
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 07:51:30 AM »

I second that.  Any nice card you buy around here is $3-5 so I don't think your prices are too high.  I would buy them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Milfette
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010 02:32:59 PM »

Cheesy awesome+Thanks!!

Ive been lurking around here long enough that i actually really really REALLY value craftsters opinions ALOT

Now to figure out selling... I set up etsy but it seems to really really cut into the profit, but i know i have to pay to sell.

In the mean time i tried something new: what do you think of this site: http://sharesies.webs.com/

im a web designer by day but i dont wanna deal with that stuff too much at home but i really really like the way these sites work! The free version only lets me list products then they have tiered plans that lest you list 10, 30 and unlimited - which is $20 /mo.

im not sure which else to try right now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 02:37:28 PM by Milfette » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Fun Group Costume Ideas
Victoria’s Secret Model Talks Workout Routine, Sports Apparel
Authentic Dresses Worn By Princesses Diana on Display
Interview With Marcus Wainwright and David Neville of Rag & Bone
Miley Cyrus Covers Up in Sparkles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...