A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Huntsville February Get Together  (Read 4496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009 06:55:20 AM »

I managed to craft this morning!!!!! Truly - just updating what I already have in my Etsy Store  - but this does mean new pictures and possible accessories. I'm so excited to get something done!

Alright - I will learn to crochet another time......

I had to break from crafting to feed a munchkin... who should be napping but has decided that licking my arm is so much better of a past time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
jonesodadrinkr
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009 09:54:05 PM »

Yay for crafting!! I love days when I actually get something done! Next week sounds ok. Except I do have a dental appt that morning. Hopefully I can get out in time. What time does the group meet at hobby lobby?

K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009 04:07:19 AM »

I got two turtles designed for the website.  I will make a third I suppose... I had to fix the bigger one last night.  It just wasn't quite the way I wanted it.

I will say they are cute!  Okay, I am really partial to the ladybugs but I suspect that once I get the eyes on those turtles my heart will complete flutter...
So today will be turtles and I am moving on to jellyfish!  Whoohooo!  After jellyfish will be octopi.. after octopi will be back to people.. okay. I might need to shuffle the people forward.  I have decided to do the pirates as an add on to a basic pattern - and therefore  I need to make a lot of them right about now.....so I will be in the people making business for a bit I think... I want to do knights for Collin. That should be cute!  Decisions decisions.. I guess I will make one after I finish up the octopi.... they must be next.  The fish page is mighty lonely with only one thing on it!

Oooh!  I heard on the news last night that our weather is going to be getting warmer!  Whoohooo!  I guess it is time to plant peas outside!  I hope this weekend I can get out to the garden and till it up a bit... Hmmm.  I better get on the manure/compost hunt, aye?

Oh and feelix/eukarya - I'll be looking to harvest those pine needles soon if that's okay with  you guys - I am going to take a trip down to Arab and get some blueberry bushes soon!... those pine needles will do great with the berries!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009 04:09:42 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2009 10:26:07 AM »

Hey all,

Sorry I've been so quiet for the last little bit...Life kind of got overhwelming.  Wink

I'm back from the quilt retreat and had a lovely time.  I've never seen so many sewing machines at one time in all my life!  Lots of ladies just sewing and eating and sewing some more.  I also met some great people that we can totally hang out with. Smiley

Deb, you are welcome to all the pine needles you want...I'll even help you gather them and provide trash bags to carry them in if you like.  Smiley  Also, I'll give you a rundown on what I learned about the guild Wink

Looking forward to our next get-together Smiley

--Yeesh, spammed again!  What is it about the Alabama board that makes everyone want to spam us...I guess because we're first alphabetically or something  Angry
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009 10:27:35 AM by eukarya » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2009 10:36:44 AM »

Whoo hoooo!  For pine needles!  I need to buy my new blueberry bushes first... I see a trip to Arab in my future!  It seems almost silly to go to Arab and not finish the trip and go to Boaz and hit Wilson's... sigh.  Wilson's... It's been a long time since I stepped foot in there!  Probably this time last year as a matter of fact!

I still have yet to finish the baby gifts for the future baby.. sigh... I got caught up in a fabric bleed disaster for another project that I had to attend to - I need to make a lap quilt by Friday for Collin's teacher's son - he is going in for a bone marrow transplant so I wanted to make him a going to the hospital present... 

I can't wait to hear all about the retreat and the guild on Tuesday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009 02:06:45 PM »

Ok, so just confirming.  Tomorrow, 2/10/09, 11 am, Madison Square at the food court (over by the kids play area?)...Is this what everyone else has?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009 02:08:10 PM »

Yes ma'am!  I have that and plan on being there.  I have to go to Hancock's ahead of time to get some material for the LSU quilt... fleece for the backing/batting and a dark purple for the binding... then on Thursday I can quilt that bad boy up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009 03:14:09 PM »

ok... I just realized I double booked tomorrow...... AHHHHH

I will not be there.... I am going to the Birmingham zoo (wanna come with me?) its 1/2 price day and suppose to be 70 degrees!

I'm  a goober.... sorry I am missing it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009 03:39:17 PM »

I have to tell you - the Birmingham zoo is the worst zoo I have EVER been to.  I would not waste my gas money to go there to be completely honest with you.  We went once when we first moved here and it is really REALLY bad.  I can not begin to tell you how bad it is.  I have warned others and still they went - and came back and said that they wished they had heeded my warning....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009 07:02:45 PM »

I have to tell you - the Birmingham zoo is the worst zoo I have EVER been to.  I would not waste my gas money to go there to be completely honest with you.  We went once when we first moved here and it is really REALLY bad.  I can not begin to tell you how bad it is.  I have warned others and still they went - and came back and said that they wished they had heeded my warning....

heheh I have been there before... They made major improvements last year... still not as good as Nashville though!! My main reason... their membership is $45... and then I can to most zoos close to us.... that's a cheaper member ship than Nashville, chattanooga or Atlanta. It's 1/2 price day TUesday, so for anyone who joins me, they don't feel like they are spending major bucks....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Wintery Snowflake Cupcakes
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Mexican Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Health: Avoid These Cookies During The Holiday Season
How To Make Classic Sugar Cookies With Royal Icing
5-Minute Fudge Wreath
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...