A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 308,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
279 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Huntsville February Get Together  (Read 6536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009 06:32:26 AM »

You ladies are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
jonesodadrinkr
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009 07:47:22 PM »

Heh! Craftydeb, I'm sorry for your son, ick! I hate being sick! 11 sounds wonderful! Where in Huntsville do you guys live?

K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009 05:03:16 AM »

I'm in the NE - up by Homer Nance & Winchester.  Feelix and Eukarya are way on the other side out by Zierdt Rd and I believe Kiwi is down in the SE area - but I am not 100% sure on Kiwi's location but for some reason I keep thinking it is on the other end of town as well but in a different direction....  Where about in town are you?

Oh - and if you want to learn to machine knit there is a group of us machine knitters that meet once a month or so at Hobby Lobby - usually the first Saturday of the month.  Some also come out and hand knit or crochet as well during that time..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009 06:10:37 AM »

YUP! Down on Zierdt Road.... Eukarya is my neighbor... literally.

We can try Madison Square Mall again with the toy area if Kiwi Chick is bringing her little one. I'm not sure what other places of kid zones.

As for a bit of happy selling - I made 2 Giraffe zippered Pouches and sold them on Etsy (in less than an hour) last night. I am super excited to have actually sold something. I didn't put them at the price I truly wanted too because the zippers didn't match that wonderfully AND my pictures of them were not great... but it seems that someone liked them enough to purchase. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009 07:13:04 AM »

You know I have not sold on Etsy before and I really should someday.  I will eventually - til then I will live vicariously through you guys that do sell - and right now anything with giraffe print will sell.  Giraffe prints are hot right now for some reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
feelix

I love Crazy!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009 05:36:11 PM »

yay! I would like to craft but both baby and dh are being turd heads.... One of the only perks of the day is that I napped... otherwise someone would be losing their eyeballs and hair... seriously...  I'm so hormonal - GAWD! Can't people just be human when one is having a bad day? Why is it the woman's job to set the tone for the house?

Currently DH is upstairs playing his computer games and I am down stairs with baby... who is so cranky that there better be a tooth or growth spurt out of this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jonesodadrinkr
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009 08:59:27 PM »

I live in Southeast near Mountain Gap. I wish I could machine knit- how awesome! I do hand knit though! Maybe I will come to the next meeting, it sounds like fun! Two sells in one hour, that rocks!!! My etsy has really slowed down. But I haven't really updated it in forever. I have so much new stuff to add. I am blaming it on the economic recession. heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009 03:55:09 AM »

You should definitely come to the machine knitting group - that will be Saturday the 7th from 12-5 at the Hobby Lobby off of University.  I know it is a haul  but it's free which is cool - bring your hand knitting  (no wool please unless you sit waaaaAAAaaay on the other side of the room from me - I am so allergic it just makes me cry) 

Okay. Tuesday.  Madison Square.  11 am. I can do that... weather permitting... If there is no school I will be home with the chitlins.  They will not tolerate sitting around for lunch. They hate going to the mall.  We'll figure that out on Tuesday.  I'm thinking the weather will be fine... It is tomorrow I am worrying about more - and that was going to be my big sewing day... sigh.  Please let the kids go to school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009 06:01:33 AM »

I'll be looking forward to meeting someone new on Tuesday! Smiley  Jonesoda, soudns like you're near Green Mountain...I *love* the nature trail up there, it's sooo peaceful.

As for weather, I'm torn.  I don't want Huntsville to shut down like it does when we have a little snow or ice, but on the other hand, I do love snow!! Smiley

I may be out of town next weekend at a quilting retreat with my mom  (OB willing) so I won't be at the machine knitting group with my haphazard crochet. 

Feelix - Sorry about the turdheadedness abounding in your family.  Maybe today will be better Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009 05:56:07 AM »

I am going to be a weather ninny.  People in this town drive like lunatics when we have bad weather.  How does everyone look for the following week?  Maybe the 9th or 10th or Friday the 13th bwaahaaahaaaa.... 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...