A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny House Swap Gallery  (Read 23198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bexieboo
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2009 03:52:34 AM »

Wow, that house is amazingly diddy!!!! I love the Sumoscale...hahah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2009 07:21:38 AM »

That house is awesome.  So is the landscaped plot.  It looks terrific on your shelf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2009 07:28:28 AM »

The teensy-ness of that fantastic little house is mind boggling!  Thanks for the shot with your fingers!  And the shelf is so perfect.  Want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2009 08:14:28 AM »

The amount of detail is just amazing...I'm really feeling lame for mine being so simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: February 21, 2009 08:27:53 AM »

amaryllisroze I LOVE my little house and it has a place of honor on my fireplace mantle Wink  annacharlotte that's an adorable house!  nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2009 08:40:29 AM »

A few things...

First of all, that house is wonderful.  I love how rustic it looks, and how detailed everything is...

Second of all, Mistress, you made me laugh.  You and your damn dragon for scale.  Smiley  This is one of the first times this week I've really laughed.  Thank you.  Smiley

And the red tape!  So clever.  So so clever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2009 08:46:34 AM »

I am so looking forward to future rounds of this swap!  I really am excited about the idea of having tiny works of architecture designed and executed by such a variety of artisans! 

Jenicat, I'm glad you got a laugh!  I giggle when I prepare for and take those shots.  And don't ya' know, Dragon is the new ruler.

Once Barbolot gets her pics up, we'll be done.  It's kind of sad.  I am glad that things will likely be wrapped up nicely (no flakes, etc.) before I head off on vacation next week. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MrsBowles

More fun, less stuff...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2009 09:13:28 AM »

I love the rustic feel, and is that a juniper tree in the garden? They smell so divine.
Thanks for the sumo-scale, T. You know that dragon still throws me for a loop.
annacharlotte, you've taken tiny to a new level! Man alive!!
So glad it finally arrived despite all of the red tape. I was worried about our MissT being homeless in the dead of winter.

(and yes, T, I'm happy now...but I will miss you, none the less  Kiss )

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009 09:15:56 AM by MrsBowles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2009 09:14:11 AM »

I hope you all will indulge me in a little extra-picture-posting...I took some interior shots before the interior went inside cuz I was afraid it would be tricky to take a picture of something that is smaller than the lens of my camera...

Tiny table, plates and flowers...

Roofless house, craft detritus...

Interior, with slightly more visible shot of the 70's wall art (clipped from a 70's knitting magazine, framed in twigs)

Now I'm really being self-indulgent, but I liked the way the light looks in this one

And the fence assemblage

That's what took me the longest.  Making that furniture was sooo fun...even though I dropped all the pieces like 40 times and many of my ideas for plate-creation failed miserably (in case anyone is wondering if it is possible to make a papier mache bowl that is smaller than your pinky finger, I will tell you right now it is not).  

This really got my inner eight year old sooo excited.  Did anyone else read The Borrowers http://www.amazon.com/Borrowers-Mary-Norton/dp/B000O3LVJC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235235997&sr=1-3 when you were little?  It's about these tiny people that live in people's houses and "borrow" things...endlessly inspirational to a young dollhouse-furnisher, let me tell you.  The father had a cane that was a hat pin...I can't think right now of any other repurposed items, but I just kept walking around going "oooh, I could make a this out of that!"

Most of the materials used to make the house were found at the golf course where I take my dog to run.  The twigs were the shapely _____s that I found and posted about.  The floor of the interior is made out of these funny pods that look a little like mahogany or some other fancy wood when you take the seeds out and...ahem...smash them flat and....um....iron them....and...then cut them into tiny strips (remember the post where I asked if anyone else felt like they were going insane while making their house?  This is more or less what I was referring to).  There is also a tiny rug, which you can kind of see in  the first photo, but it's another bit from the pod, these little pale seed-casings that, also when ironed, look a lot like the sort of skin/fur rug that a hippy family living in the woods might have under their kitchen table.

Okay, now that you all know how weird and obsessive I am, let's move on, shall we?  

Can't wait to see miss Camelama's dwelling!!!  I'm sad this is almost over...  I think the there's just one other pair that has not yet received....dazedllama and ritapizza.  So 3 more houses to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annacharlotte
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2009 09:18:08 AM »

Oh, and by the way, big ups to the folks that make E-6000 glue.  Holy cow.  It doesn't look like a single twig in the fence is out of place....the stuff is strooooong!  This is the first time I've really used it and I totally heart it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Easy Book Covers
How to Create a Mending Kit from a Mason Jar
How to Make Animal-Themed Towels for Kids
How to Silk Screen Your Own Designs
How to Make an Egg Cozy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...