A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny House Swap Gallery  (Read 23360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bolshy Walshy.
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2009 12:15:39 PM »

Smiley I'm so glad you liked it!!

Here's the episode, if anyone is interested Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLyUMM1waw

Cheesy This swap was so much fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps, PM me Smiley

Would be willing to swap nearly anything for 30's-50's women's dress patterns, waist 26"
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2009 12:58:56 PM »

What a clever idea - I love that inside out tiny felt house! And the little potted plants/flowers are so cute!!

I want to make one!! I'm going to have to take notes (for future reference) on all the great ideas you all have put into these micro dwellings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
annacharlotte
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2009 01:15:06 PM »

Awesome!!!  That reminds me (for some reason) of the dolls that have different characters under their skirts....the wolf and the grandmother from Little Red Riding Hood come to mind...  I love it!!!

Where is MissT anyway?  She's missing her party!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 01:15:27 PM by annacharlotte » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2009 01:18:46 PM »

Where is MissT anyway?  She's missing her party!

I was thinking the same thing ...must have a long day of work?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2009 02:26:06 PM »

Oh wow, I *love* the creeping vine with the little bead flowers, that is *so* cool!

And to turn it inside out, that's so ingenious.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2009 04:42:10 PM »

An inside-out house, how cute!  What will we think of next!?   Cheesy  So many clever ideas! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2009 04:44:10 PM »

The gnome yurt from christinacoghill is so cute!  I like that the roof comes off and it's neato to have the two soft media together like that.  So fun to see another different take on the tiny house concept.  And of course the look on the pup's face is hysterical!  It's so unfair how photogenic pets are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2009 04:51:13 PM »

There's so much to respond to that I'm doing multiple posts just to TRY to keep it straight.  Sorry for disappearing, it's been a couple of rather hectic/busy/long days for "The T" (as MrsBowles referred to me - makes me feel like a cool jock, which I'm soooooo not).

bsonlytoots... WOW.  Of course, I knew about your teeny, tiny hands, but geez!  I've been sitting here for a few minutes since typing that last sentence trying to think on what of the many features to comment next and I can't decide.  The rooms!  The furniture!  The trompe  l'oeil!  Maybe I'm just a "roof person," but I think that dang roof is genius and maybe my favorite part.  Also love the tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2009 04:54:44 PM »

Oh my!  That reversible felt house!  What a great idea!  And the little lace curtains and refrigerator... adorable!  Can't forget the landscaping... sweet!  And now for a sentence without an exclamation point: when it's inside out it reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide series where the guy lives "outside the asylum".  Maybe it's in "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish"?  Anyway... great idea and execution.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 05:15:50 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2009 05:13:39 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for all the love!  I was facing quite a bit of swap anxiety and you've all alleviated that.  I'm sooooo glad you like it annacharlotte!  Whew!  (why is there no smiley that's wiping the sweat from it's brow in relief?)  Let's see... the magnets.  At first I was thinking snaps, but was pretty sure they wouldn't hold up so I panicked, walked into my craft room (which is more a bunch of piles and boxes on shelves around a sewing machine in a room) and saw a long strip of magnets (on the floor) and had an aha! moment. 

Also, annacharlotte, if you kind of pull firmly on the two halves of the roof as you make the 90 degree angle, the Velcro holds better and it sits more nicely.  That bit is the part I'm least satisfied with.  Speaking of the roof, there is a layer of iridescent stuff on top of the fire that makes it look more like it's glowing, but it's only at certain angles (unfortunately).  If you have access to halogen light, play around under it and you'll see.

The flat pack thing made this swap feasible and if I keep refining/riffing on that will make future ones possible, because it means I can ship in an envelop and keep the costs low so any expenditures can go toward the house.

Oh yes! I'm loving everyone's photos with scale references!  Makes me giggle.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 05:38:05 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Have Summer Lipstick Shades
Beach Peach Makeup Tutorial for Summer
Essence Beauty Editors Share Their Hair Secrets
How to Make a Ponytail Look Polished and Professional
How to Make Your Manicure Last
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...