A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow meditaion ornaments W/TUTORIAL  (Read 6284 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toby82
Live... Love... and Forgive!!!

Step forth and Spring Ta Life!!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 18, 2009 07:50:35 PM »

12 yrs ago I learned how ta make these nifty string ornaments and ever since then I been trying ta perfect the very look of them... well 2 years ago i found the best procedure and exact sizes they needed ta be... and here are two pictures of the rainbow ones....
hanging

compared ta hand

hope you like em...pls let me know
OK I have it figured out Everyone...

Materials:
1)poster board<Thick> cut 3 inch stripes long way you should get 8-10 stripes out of this

2) Embroidery thread.. i use 12 ply but the rainbow ones I have posted are 6 ply(string)...the smaller the ply the longer it takes...but the more finely woven the ornament turns out, i have used 18 ply...but the the look isnt as well put tagether as you can see the thicker the ply the more unstable the weave

3) masking tape and bells if you wish, and scissors of course :-)

Making:
1) fold a piece of the 3 inch poster board stripe like how you fold a paper foot ball only making 2 folds at a time then unfold it and then with the next fold make it just a little bigger by 1 cm each fold,
this is the frame for the chim-chi... note: try ta make the folds accurate other wise it will collapse do 3 folds then unfold it and start again from where you left off.

2) make a tassel out of the same colour of thread your using  and we add this to the center of the poster board fold... at this time we also add the bells which is my own add on to the process... I also found if you dont want bells...add stones or more tassels... or what ever you prefer but we need each corner ta have something in it to be able to wrap/weave the chi to its perfection...note i will share how i cover the other corners... thats what makes my prototype My own*sorry*

*Note* I used two different colours of poster board only because it is easier to show how to fold  the 3 dimensional chi.... i only use one length of poster board...but if you go bigger you need two length poster board

3) once your main structure looks like this I take masking tape and cover two coats of over the whole skeleton of the chi for extra support and also masking tape allows the thread not ta slide/slip out of place

4) Now we are ready for weaving. the most time consuming task of the project... with the 3 inch dimensions on the rainbow chim-chi's I found when i use all 6 colours Its 9 to 11 rows of each colour,(using regular embroidering thread)  I like ta make sure they look proportionally correct... now to start the weaving..
make a slip knot with the colour of thread you'd like ta use and loop it over the tassel and pull tight.

then tape down the ending side to the middle

now choose a corner to start in and we start from the edges and work are way in,  starting the weave/wrap with with winding it around the corners with the bells first

once to wrapped it around the first corner stay onlong that edge but just on its other side and take it past the tassel and wrap the opposite corner

this is what it looks like from the top view when all the corners are done

and from here you can keep wrapping til you want a colour change... try a wrap it tight but not to tight your frame  it paper just remember that....
when you want to do a colour change make sure to tuck the knot .... when you've finally reached the top..... i tie it off with the tassel string and then braid it all tagether for it to be a hanging ornament

below is a chim-chi thats basketball size.... i have yet to perfect the dimensions of this size.... and havent temped it since i made all the chakra colours.... for these took 22 hours ta make from start to finish per each one.....

On the 3 inch ones from start to finish it should take no longer than 5-6 hours for your first one.... i can now make ONE from start to finish in 2 1/2-3 hrs....
Now if we have any questions on trial and error... please let me know...it can be frustrating...also when hiding the knot it can be difficult i use a butter knife ta slip it under the rest of the threat...
enjoy the chi making and GOOD LUCK to all Huggz
Toby82
BELOW IS HOW I DISACRIBE WHAT I USE IT FOR

CHIM-CHI

The chim-chi is
 a 100% all organic visual art display of healing.

The unique design structure is two 3-sided pyramids coexisting. The first is the top pyramid representing the mind/body/spirit of Male, the bottom pyramid is the mind/body/spirit of Female, and to have the rainbow of colour fusing them together in unity represents the bonding of Male and Female individuality.

When one spins the chim-chi, one will feel an instant alignment of ones true patterns, and understanding of long forgotten cycles of existence.

The rainbow of colours awaken all the unseen forces that surround the user,
allowing greater expansion in meditation.

If one spins the chim-chi clockwise, the focus is on the future. If one spins the chim-chi counterclockwise the focus is towards the past.

Upon spinning it counterclockwise one could also tap into past lives through use of controlled deep meditation, and seek out what is holding one back and if needed allowing one to cut past Love's oaths that hold one back from growth and expansion, thus also allowing one to gain control over forgotten knowledge!

REMEMBER: you are supposed to focus!

COLOURS

Black: Root Chakra (bottom of feet) destruction of all negativity, protection over all that isnt Divine.
Brown: 2nd Chakra (legs) this area rules with anything that deals with animals and animal guides.
Red: 3rd Chakra, (pelvis) this multi-use colour rules passion and pride, heals the body, protects the spirit, is bringer of pride, bearer of bravery.
Orange: 4th Chakra (lower intestines) this multi-use colour aligns and helps the lower body, also invites positive attraction to friendships, influences courage and heroism.
Yellow: 5th Chakra (abdominal/upper intestines) great for circulatory and blood flow, rules over all mental work, meditation, intellect, and trust.
Green: 6th Chakra (co-ruler of heart) creates a perfect balance of unity, promotes acceptance of growth and change, allows prosperity and fertility of ideas to come abundantly to mind, also rules over any plant life! (Herbology)
Pink: 7th Chakra (second co-ruler of heart) when COMPANIED  with green it will heal and ward off heart disease, and strengthen and balance the emotional heart. Pink rules all aspects of love.
Blue: 8th Chakra (co-ruler of throat) blue rules over the emotional field allowing one to do mental and spiritual work while protecting; bringing with it love and peace with understanding.
Grey: 9th Chakra (co-ruler of throat) anything dealing with the spoken word, including story telling, literature, and any other forms of communication.
Gold: 10th Chakra (right hand, sun) all that deals with masculine energies; physical strength, work, hardships, and perseverance.
Silver: 11th Chakra (left hand, moon) all that deals with feminine energies; ethereal understanding, physical healing and protection.
Violet Purple: 12th Chakra (3rd eye) all that is spiritual, allows one to see and understand the voice of the divine spirit, brings forth perception, imagination and illusion
White: 13th Chakra (brain/top of head) purity of all things mind/body/spirit; brings forth blessings and prayers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009 05:44:16 PM by Toby82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To experience a Rainbow, One must have the rain.... For the sun shines just behind the clouds.
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009 08:05:17 PM »

Those are really awesome!!!  Could you describe how they're made?  They are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009 08:24:08 PM »

Agreed! Those are truly gorgeous, I'd LOVE to know more about them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009 09:24:44 PM »

They look nifty.  I, too, would like to know how they come together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toby82
Live... Love... and Forgive!!!

Step forth and Spring Ta Life!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009 11:44:58 PM »

Indeed I can... give me some time to map out the dimentions and put a tutorial tagether ok
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To experience a Rainbow, One must have the rain.... For the sun shines just behind the clouds.
Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009 12:50:23 AM »

Wow, thank you! That's generous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
katara
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009 07:50:09 AM »

The ornaments are beautiful! I like the way you incorporated the chakra colours! A tut would be great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009 08:17:50 AM »

very pretty! if these are all made out of string then i'm way impressed Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009 09:41:27 AM »

Yeah, that's why I was wondering how you made them, they look really beautiful, and you totally can't tell what they're made from!!  If that is all string, then you are a magician!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
amiemoo
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009 01:24:04 AM »

Wow, they're amazing!  I'd love to know how to make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Kim Kardashian Instantly and Controversially Slims Her Waist
4 Most Common Beauty Blunders and How to Fix Them
New Gadgets for Beautifying in Private
Dove Beauty Bar Review
Rose Gold Eyes Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...