A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mysterious Galliano Pirate Jacket - Help Me Decipher It or Sew-Along!  (Read 101495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Manea
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2010 03:17:45 AM »

Got to say I've been following you guys wide eyed in awe! Amazing job so far, and the best of luck to everyone participating - my sewing skills are slightly above 0 but you've inspired me to start learning more so maybe next time I can join in Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alli.illektro
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2010 08:32:18 PM »

hey kids! so ive finally gotten around to going to the fabric store and finding fabric i like so im back to work on this thing. im almost done with the exterior one. then i need to make ANOTHER one to use for the lining (but that one should be easier, no extra flaps or straps.) you know- this is actually REALLY EASY. if you can sew well enough to put in a zipper that is really the hardest part. Smiley  i chose to kinda stick with the original color scheme without using actual flags. my white fabric tho has black lettering kinda printed on it all messy like- it says "dirty england" all over it Smiley i like the punkness i gives it. Oh! and i took the hard road and did the patchwork sleeve. worth it. to the pictures!

(from the front, flap up)

(front side, flap down)

(side view)

(back)

its gonna look rad lined and edged in red. i just need to pick up some d rings and snaps. hope this is encouraging! post pics! i wanna see how you're doin!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2010 09:05:13 PM »

I love how that looks with the fabrics you're using! The one with the words is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lama Rama

Special with a capital SP!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2010 10:28:45 AM »

oh I love that fabric its so punky and matches the style of the jacket perfectly! Where did you get it from? It looks great so far, the colours really work. Jealous so much. I think I'm going to have to quickly learn to sew more so I can make this. Lets see how fast I can learn for summer! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fuzzy llama, Funny llama, Llama llama, Duck!
alli.illektro
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2010 12:37:50 PM »

thanks! i found the fabric at SR Harris in MN. its a huge fabric warehouse like the one they go to on project runway. Its Juicy Couture fabric, surplus from something they made i guess. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowbunnystudent
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2010 12:58:00 PM »

WOW, that is A-MAZE-ZING!  Cheesy I love the way you put the colors together!  Do you know about how much (yardage wise) you used for each color?  I'm thinking I might just want to try this now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alli.illektro
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2010 01:40:52 PM »

i bought two yards of each before i had the colors planned out- turns out im barely using the blue so that prolly could have been 1/2 a yard. Tongue i still have plenty left over too, id say youd be safe with 1.5 yards of both the shell and the lining. (oh! also, thats kinda ignoring the grain. i wanted the words on the white going every which way. so you might need 2 yrds if your pattern is one-directional.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:47:25 PM by alli.illektro » THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowbunnystudent
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2010 08:10:15 PM »

Sweet, I have about five different fat quarters with similar theme/ colors (music and violins!). I'm thinking I might be able to use that with pieces chosen at (somewhat) random from the different quarters.  Now I just have to get past this round of tests at University and I can try and start on this baby!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 08:16:32 PM by snowbunnystudent » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lama Rama

Special with a capital SP!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2010 12:45:04 AM »

thanks! i found the fabric at SR Harris in MN. its a huge fabric warehouse like the one they go to on project runway. Its Juicy Couture fabric, surplus from something they made i guess. 

Oh I just looked on their site and I'm so jealous, I wish there was something like that where I live. I'm going to have to look around and see if I can find a similar style fabric that I can get my hands on in the UK. Just don't know where to look. I'm never very good at this Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fuzzy llama, Funny llama, Llama llama, Duck!
Maggiedoll
« Reply #339 on: February 23, 2010 05:47:18 PM »

So what fabrics are the rest of you guys planning on using?  I've been procrastinating a bit, and I think it's partly because I haven't settled on a fabric, so I don't have a mental image of my final product.  I have an olive green floral brocade I'm considering using, which could give it more the look of the green runway version..  I've also got a bit (one yard 82" wide) of light blue silk twill with palm trees, which might be cool too.  But a lot of me wants to go with the flag look.. maybe I should look up some other flags..
I've got a lot of the muslin together, but there are still some pieces that confuse me.  (like the gathered one that attaches to piece  Huh)  Like I said.. it may be more that I don't have a clear image in my mind of how I want it to turn out.  

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 07:51:01 PM by Maggiedoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Extra Coconut Cookie Recipe
Bake a Bit of Romantic Hollywood with Sweet Swan Cookies
Dark Chocolate: Which Brands Are Actually Good For You?
How This Chocolate Will Keep You Up
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Roll Trifle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...