A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mysterious Galliano Pirate Jacket - Help Me Decipher It or Sew-Along!  (Read 100529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2010 11:32:54 AM »

I adore this jacket. I want to make one, but I don't really want to re size and then try to tailor a coat, for myself. Maybe once I make a plaster mold of my (extremely hourglass, impossible to fit!) figure I would tackle it cuz it's cool as hell! I just don't think I have the tools or I would so be with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
Maggiedoll
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2010 03:54:10 PM »

I really REALLY don't have the skill to attempt something like this.. but I think I'm going to try it anyway, y'all are inspiring, my boyfriend the tech-freak just bought a large-format printer for a ridiculously low price, and I've got all this fabric that I got while Joann had all red-tag fabrics an extra 50% off, so why not, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emo Penguin Toast
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2010 06:46:27 PM »

i really want to make it.

Im kind of big though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alli.illektro
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2010 08:37:57 PM »

alright guys- i finished my muslin rough draft!

i didnt bother to do the grosgrain appliques on this one, just wanted to make sure i knew where everything went. surprisingly, the pattern pieces are so well marked i found this WAY easier then any commercial pattern i've ever used! i sewed the seams on the outside just so i could see my markings and placements. it actually looks cool highlighting the unique piecing of this jacket.

im not sure i want to do that weird little gathered thing in the middle of the back on the top. its strange. and i like the deep v on the back without it, also i didnt put the flap with the eyelets on the back on the practive version either though i will on the final.

i kept noticing it saying something about "corset back" which confused me at first because as far as i can tell there is no corset-ry in here...so i think maybe thats just a turn of phrase?

one question, whats the deal with that button stand? where does that go? thats my only missing piece!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
IndividualFrog

the petals will darken and sink

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2010 11:41:58 PM »

Commercial patterns are a total mystery to me, I hate them.  A real production pattern like this is so much better.

Don't forget to check the original post for your questions!  We wondered about the button stand too.  It goes on the end of the right sleeve.  It buttons to piece #1 (and the basque if you close it 'showstudio style'.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

夢も後なく夜も明けて、村雨と聞きしもけさ見れば、松風ばかりや残るらん、松風ばかりや残るらん
John deBoer Custom
Maggiedoll
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2010 10:46:51 AM »

Wow, I can't believe you've gotten so far already! I'd better get working.. this thing is kinda intimidating. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alli.illektro
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2010 11:14:28 AM »

oh oh oh! something just came to me! when it says "a'cheval", which the other thread determined meant something like "of the horse" on the hemline maybe they meant sewing a horsehair braid along the hem to support the shape of the garment and make that little tail part stick out more! ( horsehair braid can be bought in the notions section and is a polyester strand that is stiff and is usually added to the hemline of crinolines and wedding dresses)
eh?eh? youd just tuck it in there as you line the edge with grosgrain. if you're using a heavy fabric or a thick interfacing this wouldnt be necessary of course. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 12:13:49 PM by alli.illektro » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maggiedoll
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2010 02:07:04 PM »

Here's one that's puzzling me.. on piece 5, there's the line marked "straight grain" but then up towards the front shoulder (near point C) there's another, lighter line, facing in another direction, with more text nearby (facing in yet another direction) that also says straight grain.  Was it designed to be made from an actual sewn union jack flag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just-fee
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2010 02:17:16 PM »

wow, that is looking great!!!
I haven't even printed it out yet:P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2010 04:10:39 PM »

omg it looks fabulous. Grrrrrr I feel my arm being twisted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Valerie Fitzgerald Talks About Heart and Sold
Meet Author Omar Tyree
Meet Author Paul Byrd
The Pop-Up Yellow Square Book Trailer
21 Nights Book Trailer Short Version
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...