A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Mysterious Galliano Pirate Jacket - Help Me Decipher It or Sew-Along!  (Read 100537 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

m*babylon

you can't get there from here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2006 05:15:29 PM »

tigralon, if i had to be really honest with you, and i think here that i do...i really have to point out that i totally want your version more than i want galliano's.  i'm just saying.

holy crap that's hot.
a*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a city boy, born & raised in south detroit
he took the midnight train going anywhere...
SissyRadford
« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2006 08:02:38 PM »

Oh my! I *sew* want to make this jacket. Is anyone still working on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally have a blog!
http://sissybelle.blogspot.com
IndividualFrog

the petals will darken and sink

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2006 04:46:16 AM »

I don't know if anyone is actually working on it, but I sure hope to see another one of these someday.  So many people write "I'm totally going to make this" and that's their only post on craftster, ever.  Don't give up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

夢も後なく夜も明けて、村雨と聞きしもけさ見れば、松風ばかりや残るらん、松風ばかりや残るらん
John deBoer Custom
Digsy LaRaspberry

Voracious eater of music

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2006 09:22:12 AM »

I had sworn to myself that I *am* going to make this. And I will, once I have the time and money for sewing... Since I made that promise, I had moved out and started into University.

But looking over this stuff again makes me feel so...

incompetent.

Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2006 10:29:49 AM »

tigralon, if i had to be really honest with you, and i think here that i do...i really have to point out that i totally want your version more than i want galliano's.  i'm just saying.

holy crap that's hot.
a*

Thanks so much!  I didn't realize until today that I had notification turned off for this topic, so I just discovered your post.

I really love my jacket and have worn it several times since finishing it.  I think I'll make another in the next year or two, but first I've got several other projects waiting in the queue.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
Midnightoak
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2007 07:53:48 AM »

I applaud the time and effort it must have taken to make these. Plus they all look fantastic. I would totally wear this if I had one.

I've downloaded the pattern to peek at, but I won't hold my breath as I would first have to figure out how to enlarge it for a roughly 87 cm (34 inch) waist. Not to mention all the other projects on my back burner...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
icanreadncount

C+... slightly better than average.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2007 09:32:30 PM »

Well, now that school's out, and as long as I have an employee discount at the fabric store, I'll definately be giving this a try.  I have a tendency to get very frustrated and give up on complicated projects, but I've been sewing for a long time now, and this thread seems to address many issues already.  Once I finish the dress pattern I'm working on, I'll try it, although I'll definately have to adjust it, I'm much larger than the model in the picture.
Oh, well.  Lead me to the cheap muslin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cascioli
meow mix

diana, professional cat herder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2007 06:24:22 AM »

I never did get around to this! After looking at the version with the Union Jack on it, I'm tempted to try one similarly, but using the Maryland state flag. The flag is made up of really cool patterns. And I'm from Maryland. Wink

Do you guys think that would look ok? I found nylon flags on ebay for about $4 each, and I figured I'll need about 2 to get the areas of the flag that I want. I'll probably buy a few yards of a moderately heavy black cotton twill, and something soft to line it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2007 12:33:43 PM »

I've finally started scaling up the design (I printed on 3 A4 sheets because I didn't think my mum would allow me to print 50). I've noticed that the sleeve pieces have two pattern pieces for each piece (ie. two copies of 1C) , so do I need the two copies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2007 08:07:02 PM »

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Scrapbook with Corel Painter Essentials 4
Corel Painter Essentials 4 - Rob McDonald
Photoshop Tutorial - Pixel Stretching NewDarkRoom
Photoshop Skin Softening NewDarkRom
Photoshop Eye Colorization
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...