A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halter+purple jewel tone+ gold belt=pretty evening dress  (Read 5289 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , halter , party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GigglingPagan
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009 10:37:55 AM »

I've tried the "two chesty bits attached to a band of fabric", and I can never seem to fill it out properly so that it looks good. Kudos to you for being able to sew it right. It looks great. Purple and gold is not a color combination I would have thought of, but it's really very striking.

I'm hitting "This Rocks!". Wear it proudly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009 03:22:07 PM »

In all seriousness I saw the thumbnail and thought "Foxy!" That's all that came to mind. I think it looks great. 

Likewise!

Thirded, my thoughts exactly!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009 03:22:33 PM by littlebiskit - Reason: stupid grammar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
lilylola
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009 04:43:17 PM »

Love, love love it. Wish I'd had enough knowledge and courage to make my own clothes when I was 21 and looked like you. Having fed 3 daughters there's no way I could get away with this now, but in my day... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did but backwards and in high heels

MY wist
MY ETSY
folksy shop
b_stroke
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009 05:07:11 PM »

Love, love love it. Wish I'd had enough knowledge and courage to make my own clothes when I was 21 and looked like you. Having fed 3 daughters there's no way I could get away with this now, but in my day... Grin

dont be silly, i'm sure you'd look spectacular in it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Other Dress Is A Toga
lorchick
Obsessive Compulsive

; p

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009 07:10:50 PM »

I think I have to agree with some of the other posters -- cleavage is one thing (and there's nothing wrong with it), but just showing your bare, unsupported chest is another. It's like showing skin just for the sake of showing skin. And, no, I'm NOT trying to take a dig at your boobs. Mine actually look a lot like yours, so I know what it's like.

They make those bras now that are made for super low cut dresses and have the wacky low underwires - has anyone tried them? You could try one of those, that would give the girls some lift and shape but still keep that neckline. Like this one: http://www.shopleisamarie.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/7018.jpg

I love the dress, though and would like to see better pictures of it when it's finished!

My friend has a bra like that! Frickin amazing, I say! She got it at Sears. She showed me and all our other galpals on newyears b/c we were absolutely fascinated. lol. Actually, wearing one of those u-bra's would look just stellar with this dress. The bra itself looks wierd when you see it, but it makes your boobs like absolutely AMAZING in clothes like this. Gravity hath no hold!

My boobs like to wander off, I can't wear anything like this. D: The girls need to be bolted down and corralled into place. I can't wear backless stuff for the same reason, I've seen some goooooorgeous things in the catalogs lately that I could totally sew for DOLLARS but the boobs won't let me. poo. couldn't even do it as a teen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have sixtybillion more ideas than actual completed projects. Blog stalker, fast talker, slow walker!
I am lorchick of ON{thelaundry}LINE blog.
Smell the flowers, kill the bugs, laugh at your mistakes, and hide the laundry! Cheesy
Lisa C
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009 12:15:46 PM »

Girl if I had boobs I would show them off too, unfortunately I do not but I still enjoy a v neck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Monopoly
Monopoly Tutorial
Horseshoe Pitching Tips
Horseshoe Pitching Grips Tutorial
Learn about Horseshoe Pitching Equipment
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...