A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've finished a couple of things in the last month!  (Read 2861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beebiz

Pool on the roof must have a leak.

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2005 05:19:30 AM »

I"ve been timid about posting my finished projects, because everyone on this board has amazing talent, and well, I'm shy.....but I'm also fairly proud of what I've been able to finish.  I still consider myself a new knitter, and long for the day when I can say I am a knitter (and not feel I'm clueless Roll Eyes)

Anywhooooooo, presenting my FO's:

First, my Manly Sweater from SnB (also my first sweater ever!):

Then, in the middle of figuring out what I wanted to do next, I whipped up the Loopy Pillow fron SnB Nation (the loops were addicting to make):

Moving on, my new neice, Bailey had not recieved anything from her auntie (and she's almost 6 mo's now *bows head in shame*) so I found this Anouk pattern on Knitty http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTanouk.html and churned it out.  I love the colors!  Perfect for a Florida baby,  The shoes were from Adorable Knits for Tots.

And, finally, lo and behold, my first attempt at socks.  (I think this is my new addiction)  I'm working on second pair now for a friend, and then my husband and his friend want a pair of tabi socks for their Taijitsu class.  I'm trying to figure that one out still:

There you have it folks!  I hope everyone likey-likey.  And hopefully I will feel worthy among all of you crafty gals (and guys)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rincaro
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005 05:22:19 AM »

Wow! Those are all awesome. The manly sweater is on my list for the fall for my man for next winter (as it's already been in the 80's here). I especially love the dress. I know a bunch of Florida girlies who would look cute in that.

Did you just teach yourself the socks? My LYS has a 2-session sock class that I'm considering taking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pumpkingirl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005 05:42:26 AM »

Holy CoW!!!! How long have you been working on all that stuff. I have to say that dress is absolutely adorable. Any kid would be so lucky to have that, even if it is later rather than sooner. Perfection takes time, right?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
sillyasian
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005 06:40:25 AM »

Wow, great job, especially on your first-attempt projects! I can't wait to have my first attempt at sweaters and socks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoatHerder
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005 06:53:24 AM »

Outstanfing job! I love the Anouk, the colors are brilliant. What did you use for yarn?

Cheesy
a
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005 07:09:53 AM »

Wow, everything looks very well done!  I love the little red slippers, I want to make some just like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.bl ogspot.com
sararosa
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005 07:15:50 AM »

Your Anouk is awesome! I have been eyeing that pattern for my 7-month old niece. How hard was it? I've done hats and booties, but no sweaters yet, so doing the neck and arm holes is a little scary. Did you do intarsia or duplicate stitch for the flowers?

Overall, do you think it would be any ok thing to start with? Any lessons learned?

Muchas gracias!

-Sara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda63pt
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005 07:57:40 AM »

Oh my goodness! You certainly should not have been timid! You look like an expert.  I love the dress! The colors are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elmonerd
Tutorial Contributor

Sporadic Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005 08:11:23 AM »

awww...that little dress is so adorable! great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little things I make http://vendibles.etsy.com
beebiz

Pool on the roof must have a leak.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005 08:18:40 AM »

awww guys, thanks!  *blushes*  Maybe now I can say I'm a knitta....

rincaro:  I bought a little pattern book at the craft store and just dove into the socks....the most confusing part was the heel/gusset, but now I find I look forward to that, because I have to use my brain.  The rest is just mindless knitting.

pumpkingirl:  the sweater I started in Jan, and finished in Feb, and the rest I did in the last four weeks.

Goatherder:  I used Tahki Cotton Classic for the Anouk....I LOVE the colors...I might try and figure out how to make one in my size Wink

sararosa:  that pattern was super easy to follow and it was fun, AND after the sweater, it was fast.  It took me a week to do.  I sooooo did the duplicate stitch on the pocket.  I tried intarsia on a swatch, and it looked rather yucky and I didn't want to screw it up. I guess that will be the next hurdle to tackle.  The only problem I had was with the shoulders.  But I just worked around it and did my own thing.

Again, thanks for all the positive response.  Now, I'm off to work on Fred (sock number two for friend)...Am I the only one who names thier projects.  I think it's fun, and then the kids get into it to.  I'll hear my son yell "mom, Aidan has George" and I'll come in and there sits Aidan pulling yarn off the needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Formatting Media Cards
How to Get a Model Release
Photography Tips - Taking Panoramic Photos
Choosing a Media Card For Your DSLR Camera
Eliminate Background Chaos
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...