A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies Exchange! rd 2; sign up CLOSED; send out 2-28  (Read 16231 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2009 05:27:38 PM »

thank you myklia! i'm excited, i need to go find a punch now - i have 3 40% coupons burning a hole in my pocket, hopefully i'll find one!

odd_artist, the music ones you're making sound fabulous! lots of people do digital art, that's what they sound like to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2009 05:36:08 PM »

I have a whole bunch of really amazing pictures from an Alice in Wonderland book, I never read it, but the pictures were amazing so I used them in some really cute inchies. SO I was wondering if using pictures of really popular caracters is a no-no in inchie making, these pictures are very generic, since they are from an old readers digest condensed book, so it's not like I'm putting spongebob on something. Anyway jsut curious. If it is I'll jsut keep them for myself Wink

I was also wondering how I can mount the inchies in a fram, probably with amy butler paper for the background, and be able to change them in and out as I get more and more. I was looking at this rubber cement thing, and it says you can do a wet mount, which I guess isn't as permanent, and wondered if that meant it always isn't permanent, or if after it does dry it becomes permanent. Help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2009 05:40:19 PM »

odd_artist, you should post pictures of the music ones in this thread when you are done.  I would love to see them.

I will probably start off with the same base as I did last time, that is watercolors on watercolor paper, but from there I plan on going completely different.  I still have to test it out though.

Yay!!  We now have crafty_dame on board and I can't wait to see who else we can get now.

I have a whole bunch of really amazing pictures from an Alice in Wonderland book, I never read it, but the pictures were amazing so I used them in some really cute inchies. SO I was wondering if using pictures of really popular caracters is a no-no in inchie making, these pictures are very generic, since they are from an old readers digest condensed book, so it's not like I'm putting spongebob on something. Anyway jsut curious. If it is I'll jsut keep them for myself Wink

I don't think that would be a problem.

I was also wondering how I can mount the inchies in a fram, probably with amy butler paper for the background, and be able to change them in and out as I get more and more. I was looking at this rubber cement thing, and it says you can do a wet mount, which I guess isn't as permanent, and wondered if that meant it always isn't permanent, or if after it does dry it becomes permanent. Help?

Good question.  I want to do something similar, but just thought I would figure something out when that time comes.  I'm thinking I am just going to do a black background.  We'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2009 05:47:24 PM »

hi all! i think i may be doing this one Smiley waiting for my feedback to return from my swap...it ends soon so Cheesy.. ive never done inchies before..but ive been sulking, and they look so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2009 06:21:35 PM »

Yay I'm so excited about this swap!! I've been waiting and waiting for sign-ups to start. My boyfriend doesn't quite understand the enthusiasm lol. I'm probably going to get started soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2009 07:16:50 PM »

Alrighty, While watching lakeview terrace ( great movie btw ), I cut out 50 card stock backs for the inchies. Unlucky me I dont have a punch Sad so I cut them all by tracing a 1x1 hard card stock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
faxmachine
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2009 07:26:59 PM »

Woo! First swap! I'm already started, I'm way excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmakespretty
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2009 08:01:02 PM »

Alrighty, While watching lakeview terrace ( great movie btw ), I cut out 50 card stock backs for the inchies. Unlucky me I dont have a punch Sad so I cut them all by tracing a 1x1 hard card stock.

Now that is commitment.... I hope your hands are too sore!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2009 08:21:26 PM »

I sent in my questionnaire, I hope I make it in, I am afraid I may have procrastinated too much  Cry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009 08:21:54 PM by WYOKrista » THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2009 08:28:13 PM »

I'm new to inchies, but love playing wit h paper and love mini, so that will be a lot of fun.  I was going to get started tonight, but pre-Inauguration excitement got the better of me.

Is there any standard thoughts on how thick an inchie can be?  I'm not planning on anything crazy, but you never know.

I'm not sure yet what I'll do with mine.  Right now, I'm thinking of decorating up a wooden box to hold them so I can just wander through them when I need inspiration or meditation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Options For Preventing Hair Loss
Beauty Stopwatch: Haircare
The Dangers of Brazilian Hair Blowouts
At Home Remedy for a Flaky Scalp
Whitney Port Shares Her Hair Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...