A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies Exchange! rd 2; sign up CLOSED; send out 2-28  (Read 15961 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009 08:57:01 PM »

gah, the timing!

i don't know if i'll have feedback either, there are too many valentine swaps going on right now!

Valentine inchies?? Wink

thinking about this one, might be fun, but not so sure what to do with 50 when i get them  Huh

Look at the google image search link in the first post.  That should give you some ideas.  I was in the last round, so by the end of this round I'll have 100.  I want to frame them on a 12" by 12" frame.

GAH!
Hubby was looking over my shoulder as I was perusing inchie examples. Now he wants me to make him 9-block inchies of Hendrix, Dylan, and Vaughn for his music room. Oh well, I suppose it'll be good practice! But, sheesh - I don't have anything to do but sit around eating bon-bons, right? (NOT!)

Could you make me some 9-block inchies too?  Kidding Wink

Just sent in my info.  I have never made these before, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I have a question though, can they be three dimensional at all?  Like say if I were to add buttons to some of them?

I told someone else to try to keep it around 1/8th of an inch or smaller.  Any other thoughts one this subject.  This isn't a solid rule, so I am open to what others may be thinking.

We have one in the cute camp, more than one in the non cute camp.  Not to worry, so far there seem to be enough people who are open to whatever.

Hey!!  We are half way filled up.  Awesome!! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmakespretty
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009 09:03:06 PM »

I am really excited about this one!
I have so many ideas I have a few other swaps going on so I won't get to start making these for about two weeks but that's okay, I'll be able to send out with plenty of time to spare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009 09:07:36 PM »

YEA! I was convinced to join this by Digital Misfit! I've never done inchies, but I can't wait to whip up a few. I'm probably going to focus on fabric with embroidery since that is what I'm most comfortable with, but I will probably branch out and do a few with paper as well. I think I may start tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009 09:20:00 PM »

Cheesy I have never made an inchie before, but love the ones I have seen.
I have a bunch of ideas, and can't wait to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
jiasaykea
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009 10:30:04 PM »

Sent my ifo, can't wait to get started. I saw something today that will be in my inchies. Not too cute, so no worries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are pretty, we are smart, we've got crafting in the heart.

http://www.wists.com/jiasaykea
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009 07:41:33 AM »

Just sent my info, already have thirty made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009 08:10:56 AM »

Wow!  We are 2/3rds filled up.  I will still need to wait to assign partners until a couple of people get feedback.  Hopefully a week from now or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009 09:13:12 AM »

Wow this if filling up fast! I am so excited, I have all my inchies cut out and on shelf liner cause they kept running off. lol I think I will start on mine today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
chibilightangel
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009 09:38:26 AM »

I'm in!! I have my inch punch just ready to start crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panthermoon
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009 09:48:48 AM »

Just sent in my info.  I have never made these before, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I have a question though, can they be three dimensional at all?  Like say if I were to add buttons to some of them?

I told someone else to try to keep it around 1/8th of an inch or smaller.  Any other thoughts one this subject.  This isn't a solid rule, so I am open to what others may be thinking.

Last time I used very small buttons, fairly flat metal charms & brads on some of my inchies. I've seen people do some very thick inchies on line, but I'd like them to be somewhere around 1/8th of an inch or less. I put mine in a small album last time & I'll probably do that again. I put each persons inchies on their own page, I like knowing exactly who did what.  Smiley  I don't have the room to make a big display of them in my apartment. Unless your buttons are really thick, you should be able to use them. Also, if they get too thick, I think they'll cost more to mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Cross Stitch Materials
How to Do a Hem Stitch
How to Use Scrapbook Templates
How to Buy Iron On Patches
How to Design T-shirts with Iron On Patches
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...