A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Thankyou Book Prototype (Picture Heavy)  (Read 2629 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkladymajesta
« on: January 16, 2009 10:02:02 PM »

OK, so my husband's family surprised us with a reception and were wonderful to us during our visit over the holidays. We both appreciated the break so much that I had to thank them. I hope this is better than a store bought gift. I am thinking about changing some of the journaling around and the font for it. I am not sure if I like it but I will give it a day or so. I am loving the way the rest of the book has come out so far though. I am liking the gem on the cover but am not sure if it is too much for this simple book. So let me know what you guys like, option A or B. I am definitely keeping this book but will make a few changes for the ones I am going to send to them. (I only have to make three).

The photos were taken either by me or his family then all edited by me in Adobe Photoshop. Oh, and it took me about 3 hours to put the whole thing together. And two hours of that was photo editing and playing around with the journaling. The actual process of putting the book together took about an hour.

The cover (Option A)

The cover (Option B)

The journaling is much easier to read in the larger photos on my flickr -->http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkladymajesta/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 05:51:17 PM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
morning_town
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009 12:53:36 AM »

I really like it, it looks very elegant.
I think the cover looks nicer without the gem, that or a smaller gem would look nicer.

It's such a sweet book, and congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009 08:41:53 AM »

Thanks Smiley I was trying to find a gem that matched the inside of the letter O but I might try out a smaller one to see if it is right. Or I will just leave off the bling Wink

I was trying to go for elegant. Because even though the get together was rather informal it still felt elegant, like I planned the thing on my own or something Smiley It really was perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heyitzme37
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009 08:13:01 AM »

Did you buy a blank book or put one together yourself?  I'm trying to figure out what your pages are made from besides scrapbook paper?  Did you decorate card stock or something heavier?  Plus what size is this?  I'm going to be putting together a photo album for our guestbook and trying to get some ideas of how to put it together.  I really like yours and congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009 02:32:40 PM »

Did you buy a blank book or put one together yourself?  I'm trying to figure out what your pages are made from besides scrapbook paper?  Did you decorate card stock or something heavier?  Plus what size is this?  I'm going to be putting together a photo album for our guestbook and trying to get some ideas of how to put it together.  I really like yours and congrats!

Thanks for all the questions  Grin I did put this book together myself. The pages are made of black cardstock 6 inches by 7 inches. I scored all of them one inch from the seven inch side to make the binding. Once I scored the page I punched the two holes in the side and put ribbon through it. I then edited the photos in photoshop. The larger photo is 4 inches by 4 inches while the smaller photos are 1.5 inches by 2 inches. I just made the finished canvas size to 4x6 in photoshop, ordered the prints through costco and trimmed off the blank inch before attaching it to the page. If anyone is interested in a tutorial I can try to take photos as I put the others together. Let me know if you dont understand something  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowcreek
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009 12:07:56 AM »

It is a very sweet book, I am sure they will love it. I agree about the gem, maybe a bit smaller or not at all. I think I would use the fancy font on some of the sidebars but maybe something elegant but easier to read on the longer sentiments. Congrats on your marriage too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am up the rainbow creek and loving it!

my blog: http://www.uptherainbowcreek.blogspot.com

my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5613034

flickr album here: http://flickr.com/photos/28100331@N06/

Swap offers welcomed!
incywincy
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009 12:14:36 AM »

it's lovely  Smiley & congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009 06:37:01 PM »

Thank you everyone  Grin I still haven't put these together yet, but when I do I will update the first post Smiley Thanks again  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frouski
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009 02:26:13 PM »

I love it. What font did you use?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
darkladymajesta
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009 05:56:52 PM »

The font is titled Freebooter Script. I liked how it looked for the titles but not the actual journaling. So I am deciding on a different project as a thank you. Back to the drawing board as they say Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thinning Hair Restoration Solution
How to Curl Your Hair With Hot Rollers
4 Spring Hair Looks by Oscar Blandi
Oscar Blandi on Hair Trends and Fashion
Music Festival Hair Inspiration and Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...