A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Squares Swap - Sign Up CLOSED; Mail by 04/30/05  (Read 2491 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisascenic
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005 11:52:31 AM »

Any thoughts of extending the deadline on this swap?

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005 09:56:07 AM »

Hi Lisa,

Our signup is actually closed (I was being an idiot and forgot to change the title); however, there has been some expressed interest in having a monthly square swap, so keep your eye out..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005 01:32:16 PM »

Im just curious what you all are doing/what preferences are  Is everyone making 12 identical quilt squares or would it be better if the two you send to each person were different since the finished quilt is going to be random designs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005 01:42:54 PM »

I think that most, if not all of my squares will be slightly different, partially because I'm using fabrics I already have to make the squares in most of the cases (my stash is huge), partially because I have patterns I want to try/practice (don't worry, I'll only send the ones that work out), and partially because a bunch are going to be either crazy quilting or scrappy quilting, and those are never "regular."

What about other people?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctgirl
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005 03:31:58 PM »

I was planning on making one square that would be all the same to send to everyone (representing Chicago, where I live, though I am not sure how I am going to go about this.)  But the other squares will probably be random patterns.  I got a quilting book out of the library and am hoping to try some new techniques to make my squares (weaving, pleating, gathering, beading etc.)  I hope everyone is OK with that.....if you'd refer I can just make more traditional quilt blocks.  I am going to be using up fabric in my stash too, so no matter what, they will all be a little different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspiring
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005 06:44:05 AM »

Any chance of extending the deadline?  I think I may have been too ambitious when I signed up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005 06:53:35 PM »

My squares are going out tomorrow!  I recieved squares from Dukesbean last weekend (you are super speedy Dukesbean)!  They are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005 08:14:36 PM »

I just received my squares from Dukesbean, too, and they're awesome.  I'm hoping to get photos soon.  I've started a thread in the Swap Gallery for people to post pictures of all the fabulous squares that are being swapped!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32794.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspiring
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005 06:08:28 AM »

Yo swappers!  I seem to have a grip on things now and can probably make the deadline.  This is a fun swap, even though I'm not a fancy quilter!

btw: Jen: continuing the quilt square exchange is a great idea, esp on themes, esp if we can opt in or out depending on the month! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspiring
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005 11:12:15 AM »

I'm going on vacation today and will post my squares on the road. I have a bit of handstitching to do on the train!  Should be in the post by Sat, but I probably won't be online again til Wed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Karolina Kurkova in a Push-Up Bra
Salma Hayek Serves Up Six Sizzling Looks in 24 Hours
Viktor & Rolf Design Modern Bridal Collection
Baseball Fan Fashion: All-Star Style For the MLB or Little-League
How to Transform Your Old T-Shirt Into a Sexy, On-Trend Tank
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...